+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mullin to miss season's opening.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^

Their pre-season is far more about PR and coin than it is about preparing correctly. You gotta feel for Mullin, that sounds a painful one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684033769534259200
    I totally agree but they need to take the opportunity, if they keep US interest it’s another revenue stream as I believe they can still stream the games, keeps Disney doc going and also probably gives them a lot of shirt sales.
    I don’t see them slowing down, I actually think PP is the perfect manager now for them, he will keep that hard work and resilience in them even if it’s not pretty whilst the circus continues, they will be up there.

This^^^

Their pre-season is far more about PR and coin than it is about preparing correctly. You gotta feel for Mullin, that sounds a painful one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684033769534259200
    Ah that's nasty. No need for the keeper to do that in a pre-season friendly.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I totally agree but they need to take the opportunity, if they keep US interest it’s another revenue stream as I believe they can still stream the games, keeps Disney doc going and also probably gives them a lot of shirt sales.
    I don’t see them slowing down, I actually think PP is the perfect manager now for them, he will keep that hard work and resilience in them even if it’s not pretty whilst the circus continues, they will be up there.
    I tend to agree.

Parkinson is definitely the right man for the job. He's experienced and level-headed, and a big part of the job is managing expectations and keeping the team's feet on the ground. He's a bit of a dinosaur compared to Williams, but again, Wrexham's strategy is to buy the best players in the league, mostly from higher up the pyramid, so he doesn't necessarily need to ensure that the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

No idea what happens to them and 'the project' long term. To keep these American fans interested and amused, you need constant success and drama, and it all needs to be televised and packaged up in an exciting way. Otherwise the interest will just fade pretty fast. They are fans of the story, not the football club. When the story is no longer interesting, they'll move on.

The question is whether Reynolds and the other guy can keep promoting and milking the rags-to-riches story while also not alienating actual Wrexham supporters who live in North Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Ah that's nasty. No need for the keeper to do that in a pre-season friendly.
    Looked 50/50 to me

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Looked 50/50 to me
    I presume that is a p155 take? The keeper (outside the area, leading with his shoulder and arms down) had no other intention than taking him out. As much as I detest PM for his (clever) cheating and diving, that is a bad injury and I hope he recovers (in May 2024?)

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I presume that is a p155 take? The keeper (outside the area, leading with his shoulder and arms down) had no other intention than taking him out. As much as I detest PM for his (clever) cheating and diving, that is a bad injury and I hope he recovers (in May 2024?)
    Yeah, it was absolutely a pi55-take.

While we're discussing pi55-takes. Hope we're getting bl00dy paid for this?

Yeah, it was absolutely a pi55-take.

While we're discussing pi55-takes. Hope we're getting bl00dy paid for this?

Spoiler alert: The team backed by Hollywood superstars and a global PR machine who spent more than any other NL team has ever spent just sneaked it in the end.

Exciting stuff.

Spoiler alert: The team backed by Hollywood superstars and a global PR machine who spent more than any other NL team has ever spent just sneaked it in the end.

Exciting stuff.
    Absolutely!

I wonder what happens in the end then Slack?

Don't tell me cos I wanna watch it!

I sometimes wonder what proper Wrexham fans make of it all. I mean those fans who were going week in, week out during the worst times. No doubt it's way better now than it was then, but their club is changing so fast and it such unprecedented ways that it must be hard to take it all in. Those fans must have gained a lot under the new regime, but they must also be starting to lose something as well.
    They're not happy as they can't get tickets even if they pay for membership. While X amount are available for overseas supporters only. Fans that have supported the club through the hard times not able to get tickets but someone in the USA can having supported them for a few weeks, madness!

I'm also glad we have the owners we have that are football fans with a football business and a plan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast