+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mullin to miss season's opening.

Mullin to miss season's opening.

Helped off after 12 minutes after being clattered by Man. U keeper,breathing via an oxygen mask and having sustained a punctured lung.Wrexham despatch Utd.'s youth team 3-1 in an ill-tempered affair and manager Stegosaurus warns goalie Bishop to,'stay away from Wrexham.'

I'd say their pre season isn't going great, playing against academy and second strings, have they had a competitive game yet?

Plus their top scorer is stuck in the US for a few weeks as he won't be able to fly immediately

Looks like they're just looking for the PR and not the football, according to Ollie Palmer, they're already as good as promoted... Very reminiscent of our relegation season

That's a real shame - I hope it isn't too painful for the poor lamb.

Rivalries aside, that's a nasty injury, and I hope he recovers quickly.

I've got to agree that their pre-season preparation does seem a bit strange. It's like a celebrity tour of the US to pander to their American 'fans' with some football mixed in here and there. The teams they've played are nothing like your average L2 team.

Saw the article this morning too, although I was just a Sunday league player I suffered the exact same injury 2 years ago and never went back playing, even now 2 years later I still get the occasional dart of pain there, could be a good 2/3 months before he is back up to scratch again.

Not player you want to miss a game against MK Dons for sure. I agree the tour is just a big PR thing for the owners and no real decent prep for the the coming season.

In other news it appears there's unrest within the backroom staff due to a boardmembers attitude. Worry about the high interest for the loans to R&R. No sign of the new stand being started and they're still one new floodlight short. Maybe due to the owners of the lease of the Racecourse not wanting to release it. No new signings and no sign of any which is an odd one for me. No announcement of the 3rd series of the show yet as the company that produces it are in trouble. It's not looking that rosey at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Not player you want to miss a game against MK Dons for sure. I agree the tour is just a big PR thing for the owners and no real decent prep for the the coming season.

In other news it appears there's unrest within the backroom staff due to a boardmembers attitude. Worry about the high interest for the loans to R&R. No sign of the new stand being started and they're still one new floodlight short. Maybe due to the owners of the lease of the Racecourse not wanting to release it. No new signings and no sign of any which is an odd one for me. No announcement of the 3rd series of the show yet as the company that produces it are in trouble. It's not looking that rosey at the moment.
    They’ve signed at least one from Huddersfield who looks pretty decent.
    I think that all sounds rumours to me I’m pretty sure there owners are as invested as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

On the other hand, their revenue is sky high, and they have interest from a global army of armchair 'soccer' fans. But I'm sure that will wane once the documentary finishes or if they finish midtable or something.

I sometimes wonder what proper Wrexham fans make of it all. I mean those fans who were going week in, week out during the worst times. No doubt it's way better now than it was then, but their club is changing so fast and it such unprecedented ways that it must be hard to take it all in. Those fans must have gained a lot under the new regime, but they must also be starting to lose something as well.

I'd honestly rather have what we have - owners who go about their business quietly and diligently, a truly innovative coach, and a recruitment model designed to unearth hidden gems. And all that without selling your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'd say their pre season isn't going great, playing against academy and second strings, have they had a competitive game yet?

Plus their top scorer is stuck in the US for a few weeks as he won't be able to fly immediately

Looks like they're just looking for the PR and not the football, according to Ollie Palmer, they're already as good as promoted... Very reminiscent of our relegation season
    This^^^

Their pre-season is far more about PR and coin than it is about preparing correctly. You gotta feel for Mullin, that sounds a painful one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1684033769534259200
    Last edited by countygump; 26-07-2023 at 08:01 AM.

It's sad to see any player getting injured like that I hope he makes a rapid recovery and we can back to our friendly rivalry again

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast