+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAD is horrible to load up

MAD is horrible to load up

Why is this message board so slow? Every other website loads up pretty much instantly, but to get the daily rumours, arguments and general laughs regards Notts and its fans, it takes so long to load in.
    Same in Wi-Fi or 5G.
    Bizarre.
    (Wonder if it’s all the ads being blocked before it loads???)

Really funny you saying that I nearly started the same thread a few days ago but thought it must be my connections, its really slow to load up, unless Laddo has hacked it and seeking revenge! :-)

I was also going start this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Why is this message board so slow? Every other website loads up pretty much instantly, but to get the daily rumours, arguments and general laughs regards Notts and its fans, it takes so long to load in.
    Same in Wi-Fi or 5G.
    Bizarre.
    (Wonder if it’s all the ads being blocked before it loads???)
    Been that way for a while. 2 weeks or more?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Been that way for a while. 2 weeks or more?
    At least two weeks. It takes ages for a page to load whatever device I use. Footymad need to sort it before the season starts, can you imagine what it would be like at 5pm on a Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At least two weeks. It takes ages for a page to load whatever device I use. Footymad need to sort it before the season starts, can you imagine what it would be like at 5pm on a Saturday?
    Doesn’t bare thinking about tbh.

And the whole irony of this post…
    I have to wait whilst it loads to see if other people are waiting for it to load

To counter it I log on then stop it straight away and log on again and it normally loads straight away
    Hope that helps

The site is too busy checking for naughty letters within words

There is a site which tests the speed of websites: https://www.webpagetest.org

Summary for Footymad is:

Performance Summary
    Is it Quick?
    Needs Improvement.

This site was very slow to connect and deliver initial code. It began rendering content with considerable delay. There were 8 render-blocking requests. The largest content rendered later than ideal.

Is it Usable?
    Needs Improvement.

This site had major layout shifts. It took a long time to become interactive. It had 8 accessibility issues, 2 critical. Some HTML was generated after delivery, potentially delaying usability.

Is it Resilient?
    Needs Improvement.

This site had many render-blocking 3rd party requests that could be a single point of failure. It had 5 security issues, 5 low-priority. Some HTML was generated after delivery, which can cause fragility.
    https://www.webpagetest.org only allows one free test/day without registering which I can't be bothered to do but I wanted to test something like https://www.bbc.co.uk for comparison.

It is so slow that https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com thinks it is down as it is not responding quickly enough.

Not at all good.

I actually googled… “Has Footymad gone bust” last night.

Would not load at all… all day.

Crawling today

I'm glad it's not just me. MAD had had its glitches over the years, but at present it seems to have pin-size bandwidth!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast