+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: MAD is horrible to load up

Blimey… it’s like greased lighting tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Blimey… it’s like greased lighting tonight!
    Wait until tomorrow afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    The option of a new site being set up made me think back to top the old days of Rivals. Who else used to post on there? Loved the Sunday night chat too. Happy days.
    Rivals was my introduction to footy messageboards when I first had the luxury of being online. I think it was before social media became big, so it was basically a load of footy fans exchanging banter in a civilised but feisty way. When we differed, we always agreed to differ. When Rivals shut down I registered on NCM as it was the other popular Notts forum. It was the start of my bad reputation, when I retired I suddenly had an extra 50 hours a week to fill. I filled too many of those hours arguing, but I didn't realise others would take it as seriously as they did. I hope NCM continues so I can try and redeem myself a bit, if it doesn't then v ital is worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I would also say having looked at ***** Notts that there is little point in my spending time hacking a new forum together when as Elite Pie says there is a ready made alternative that looks on first glance fine. I would just suggest that if this one hits the floor we all go over there. It probably does the job just as well as anything I could cobble together.

EDIT - what i will say on ***** is that registering may be an issue. I have registered under 2 seperate accounts and email addresses as a test and never received the verification email to activate the account. And yes I checked spam.
    When I read Elites post, I nipped over to v I t a L and re registered. Still waiting for the confirmed email. I confirmed the initial one, but it won’t let me post until I get another one from the admin…and if the site has been dormant for 5 years…

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Rivals was my introduction to footy messageboards when I first had the luxury of being online. I think it was before social media became big, so it was basically a load of footy fans exchanging banter in a civilised but feisty way. When we differed, we always agreed to differ. When Rivals shut down I registered on NCM as it was the other popular Notts forum. It was the start of my bad reputation, when I retired I suddenly had an extra 50 hours a week to fill. I filled too many of those hours arguing, but I didn't realise others would take it as seriously as they did. I hope NCM continues so I can try and redeem myself a bit, if it doesn't then v ital is worth a try.
    Civilised but feisty, yes that was exactly it. Very funny too.

I've got a vision of Swale madly typing trying to keep a live text commentary going.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    When I read Elites post, I nipped over to v I t a L and re registered. Still waiting for the confirmed email. I confirmed the initial one, but it won’t let me post until I get another one from the admin…and if the site has been dormant for 5 years…
    The site has to be reactivated before we can use it.

Those were the dark days of a mad reddog moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    The site has to be reactivated before we can use it.

Those were the dark days of a mad reddog moderator.
    Weirdly the trial post I put on the forum there today has worked and is visible to me at least.

The post before that was made by you 5 years ago, and someone from V ital admin replied:

Hi Uysapie.

Thanks for posting and keeping a flicker of life on here.

We hope to get a prediction league going for next season and will be mailing out to former members to see who wants to get involved.

In the meantime... any Notts fans want to register then please do.

Any logging in problems... membership@*************.co.uk will help out.

I'm still hoping NCM will work ok, if not this might be an option. The censored bit is v italfootball without the space.

Cool

Having same issue. I took the liberty of my second registration being in the name of laddo as well to force a change if we move ha ha. I did a bit of preliminary research and Wordpress has some reasonable ( Possibly free) community forum software which seems like it would do the job and would be relatively cheap to set up if required. Carton of beer for my time is all that is required. I could probably host it on wordpress.org which is free but like all things free I know it has some restrictions and I cannot vouch for the speed under 5pm UK time load if we lose as that is not a solution I have ever used so might be same issues and given its free will be on a shared rack with 100's of other sites. I would have to work out how to stop spam registrations though so anyone with a background in internet security is welcome to contribute!
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 04-08-2023 at 11:19 PM.

Woke up this morning to find I’ve been banned from V ital already for spam! Considering I’ve not been able to post there yet, that’s good going in my book!
    I’ve used the email address provided by Elite, and politely asked them to consider activating the board and sorting out the registration issue so if a decision is made to move en masse, we have a fall back position immediately available!
    We shall see.
    Especially come 5pm tonight or even more so, 5pm after the first defeat (optimistic we won’t lose today!)

Woke up this morning to find I’ve been banned from V ital already for spam! Considering I’ve not been able to post there yet, that’s good going in my book!
    I’ve used the email address provided by Elite, and politely asked them to consider activating the board and sorting out the registration issue so if a decision is made to move en masse, we have a fall back position immediately available!
    I've just posted on the 'Notts County Matters' forum on there and it worked, suggesting that board is still active.

There is another option under the 'Notts Forum Home' tab saying 'This Forum/Site Available', and a message saying "This forum is currently unmanned. If you have an interest in moving a community to here or setting up a forum, please email jonathan@v italfootball.co.uk and he will help set the forum up as you want it".

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast