+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy lads

Academy lads

Good to see the academy lads have some time on the pitch - okay, having a small squad necessitates this - but of the current crop you've seen, which, if any, would you tip to break into the first team at some future point (at either Champ or L1 leave)?

I'll stick my neck out and have a guess at Holvey

McGuckin amd maybe Durose

From the little I've seen, McGuckin looks the closest to getting in thr team.

Curtis Durose.
    All the youngsters need to go out on loan- preferably to League clubs rather than National League or below.
    Going to be difficult enough getting them all fixed up with League clubs. ( You can but hope. )

National league main division is a good quality grounding,in some ways maybe better than league two…it’s just if anyone wants to take them on loan..in old days they would have been in reserves and playing against some experienced first teamers on both sides..but things have changed with all that these days..

I think getting some loans is a good idea, i would like to see a couple of them getting on the bench 2nd half of the year, we need to see some in house development as well

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    National league main division is a good quality grounding,in some ways maybe better than league two…it’s just if anyone wants to take them on loan..in old days they would have been in reserves and playing against some experienced first teamers on both sides..but things have changed with all that these days..
    Send them to Stevanage for SE to sort out, theyll take any criticism on board with a pinch of salt in future 😉