+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Dexter Lembikisa

Dexter started today v Haiti, won 3-2

Name:  IMG_4719.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  34.7 KB

He also played the whole match which would indicate no injuries

Hi all,

Wolves fan here (sorry!). Just checking in to get your considered views on how Dexter Lembikisa has been doing now we're approaching Christmas (roughly half way) through his season long loan?

I get the impression he started quite well but perhaps the number of games (24 I think he's played so far including internationals, which is getting close to the most he's played in a single season before) and his age (positioning, naivety) might be starting to show?

I'd appreciate your fair/honest views on his progress & performances for you guys.

Good luck for the rest of the season & thanks

He has a lot of talent.

However he's proven to be a liability, with game time coming perhaps more through injury than he would have deserved based on his form. We've been very poor at both LB and RB at long diagonal balls and counter attacks.

He has plenty of pace and good ball control but he frequently tries to "do something" rather than do what's needed. I haven't seen him communicating much either.

One for the future certainly, but you can tell he's been playing at U23 level against similar players.

Needs a full season in L1 to develop and the right manager to nurture him. Not sure we had that this season.

I like him and think he shows a lot of promise but he does tend to be defensively naive and go wandering out of position sometimes.
    However, it's not always his fault because some of the midfielders we've played in front of him often fail to track back when we lose possession and he gets left exposed.
    He reminds me in some respects of Trent Alexander-Arnold (not his level of ability obviously) in that he might be better employed in a midfield role where his defensive failings wouldn't be so exposed.
    Because of our horrendous injury situation he's probably played more for us than was originally intended and that must be tough for a 19 year old in a struggling side at Championship level.
    Hopefully he will benefit from his experience with us but I agree with an earlier post that he should spend time in League 1 to really improve his education.
    Whatever happens I wish him the best of luck.in his future career.

Not for me.

If he went back tomorrow then he wouldn’t be a major loss

Too lazy

Been found out far too many times this year and seems to be a bit of a liability, seems lazy backtracking and doesnt seem to want to put 100% into a game. at the end of the day it doesn’t matter to him if we go down or stay up as he will be back at wolves again next year. I’d send him back and bring back one of our own players, Kioso back from Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves_youth View Post
    Hi all,

Wolves fan here (sorry!). Just checking in to get your considered views on how Dexter Lembikisa has been doing now we're approaching Christmas (roughly half way) through his season long loan?

I get the impression he started quite well but perhaps the number of games (24 I think he's played so far including internationals, which is getting close to the most he's played in a single season before) and his age (positioning, naivety) might be starting to show?

I'd appreciate your fair/honest views on his progress & performances for you guys.

Good luck for the rest of the season & thanks
    Dexter is a wonderful talent but because of the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had already this season he has had to play way more games than I think was originally intended. He has the physique of a footballer and is fairly quick too but in recent games seems to have been targeted by other teams although as has been said, he hasnt had much help from others down his side. All in all he's done ok and I dont agree, as some have said, that he needs to go into league 1 as I think in a better championship team with better players he wouldn't be as exposed. I really hope wolves let us keep him all season but I wouldnt be surprised if he got a recall and was loaned out to another championship team for 2nd half of the season. UTM

He’s not a championship level footballer
    He’s not a defender

He might be one day but we required the above from match 1 so it’s not worked for us
    That’s the blunt version, others have added a few positives which there are some including a wonderfully taken goal vs Norwich

Let's not forget the kid is 19,the whole point of him going on loan to us is to get better, possibly at our expense.
    Maybe the championship is a step too far at the minute, he's certainly got some talent.
    Imagine if he was our youth player, everybody would be wetting themselves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast