+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham wracking up the air miles

Wrexham wracking up the air miles

Seems the advantages they had in the National League weren’t just player related.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66287294

Hope link works.

In a time when Global warming is a hot topic and the owners reported objective about making Wrexham more ecologically sustainable, this doesn’t sit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post

In a time when Global warming is a hot topic and the owners reported objective about making Wrexham more ecologically sustainable, this doesn’t sit well.
    Nether does signing a sponsorship deal with the worlds largest airline.

Neither does Jordan Henderson buggering off to the Middle East when he was banging on about supporting gay rights couple of years ago. When will people understand that its all about the money honey. 700k a week for playing for some tinpot side I've never heard of. Ridiculous.

I didn't see many complaining when Notts flew back from Bournemouth. Anything to gain an advantage was the cry from many. While I don't totally agree with flying such short journeys, we also seem to be in a time when many won't be happy until all planes are banned and 15 minute cities rule.

Quote Originally Posted by itsagrandoldteam View Post
    I didn't see many complaining when Notts flew back from Bournemouth. Anything to gain an advantage was the cry from many. While I don't totally agree with flying such short journeys, we also seem to be in a time when many won't be happy until all planes are banned and 15 minute cities rule.
    Our owners have not put out meaningless ecological statements.

Like I've said on previous threads, the only reasonable assumption you make about the views of football fans is that they like football. Clubs, players and the football industry in general should stick to that subject. When they start virtue-signaling and/or taking positions on behalf of "the football community", as if it's some sort of homogenous entity with one view, then they're only ever going to get themselves into trouble, not least when somebody writes a cheque big enough to make them forget their supposed 'values'. Just STFU and play football.

Very true jackal. They are two such genuinely lovely guys, that have just fallen in love with the Wrexham FC, and the local community, quickly goes to find the sick bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Neither does Jordan Henderson buggering off to the Middle East when he was banging on about supporting gay rights couple of years ago. When will people understand that its all about the money honey. 700k a week for playing for some tinpot side I've never heard of. Ridiculous.
    Henderson is a man of principles…
    and if you don't like them... well, he has others.