+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carlisle friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Saw the first goal, was lucky to see it because yet again these clowns at DUTV are hopeless.
    The stream is buffering, stopping, breaking up ��
    DUTV says offline for me. Possibly need a vpn, not sure.

Starting to feel like we are getting there. Just don't f*cking ruin it for me next week United!

What was the formation yesterday? I get the impression from Goodwins interview that it was a 442 with Moult and Watt in the front two.

Really like Goodwins comments after the game about the coaching staff we have in. A proper strength and conditioning coach with individual programs for the young boys that really do need to bulk up and turn themselves into proper athletes and he is fully aware of this. Something we have all thought for a while.

The decision to play Grimshaw right back and the signing of Gallacher has us looking so much stronger and has me feeling much more confident going into the season.

His comments about actually using subs to change a game and really use the squad to its full potential are positive also. Instead ofwatching Djoum for Sibbald on 65 mins and Middleton breathting out his arse and playing a full 90 minutes like we did under Fox although the club need to take some blame for that as we sent half our team out on loan.

I actually enjoyed the game (especially the first half) and I can’t remember the last time I said that about United. Totally bossed it and looked solid all over the park. Early days, but it actually looks like we might have a decent keeper this season. 65 mins in and it was virtually our youth side & still Carlisle didn’t really threaten.

And great to have bragging rights over all my Carlisle mates who keep referring to Scottish football as a pub league. Yesterday’s result has made them shut their pusses.

Well done United!

Definitely promising, we look to have a decent spine for this level, there is no reason why we can't be defensively sound which will give us a good chance in every game really

However not getting carried away as Carlisle were poor on the day and didn't really play with a real tempo, Arbroath got a confidence boosting win on Saturday just in time for our visit

Pretty disappointed i missed this, as even though taking a gamble on fuel might have got us there on time, we got to J44 on the M6 at 10 to 3 and decided heading home was a better option than heading down 1 junction. After a week away, home was a bigger draw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)