+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutv

DUTV used to do a highlight video, not sure why they stopped it.! The whole thing is a shambles really, certainly not value for money, hardly any content....

Apart from picture quality, arabzone was far superior, they still haven't added the arabzone archives to the current site which it a joke, all that content from 2006/07 onwards that you used to be able to go ty any game from any season and view be it goals, highlights, player and manager interviews and other extras like mental celebrations, plus its inferior in its layout than arabzone was, why though??

I pay 16.99 a month whether there's games on or not.
    So far I haven't been able to watch a game without buffering and picture loss. One time the muppets put a replay on loop while the match was in play. Ffs
    I'm not really interested in interviews I just want to be able to see the matches which seems too much to ask. What a farce.

Quite staggering that these issues are still ongoing. That’s the best part of two decades now. I seem to remember ages ago (at least 10 years) money being raised to buy better quality gear for the livestreams. Almost every week there’s an issue whether it’s audio or the stream cutting out. There’s hundreds of people out there live-streaming on YouTube, Kick, Twitch etc to tens of thousands of people—-most of the time they’re on the move with modems etc in a backpack and often in far flung places (Nepal for example) and they have crystal clear video and audio. How the ferk can we not get a stable stream for 2 hours from a stable position? Am I missing something? Why have they struggled to do this for years and years?
    And before they say it’s down to numbers, money etc, some of these live streamers are broadcasting to 30,000-50,000 people at a time with nothing more than a portable modem and a couple of phones.
    Last edited by japanarab; 14-08-2023 at 12:05 AM.

I remember reading either here or elsewhere that fans had offered their services for free or otherwise but the club either said no thanks or ignored the offers. Maybe now a certain someone has gone, the club might be more willing to listen to those who could improve the service..

I reached out years ago to offer assistance in this regard. Being an IT guy with experience in AV I thought they might be open to it. Not replied to.

I had covid over the weekend and obviously didn't want to spread that aroudn my fellow arabs so hoped to get it on my eyepeeteevee but it didn't come on till after half time.

So I got my trusty VPN out, subbed at £16.99 for a month international, decent price I thought. Then WOW what a poor stream, very low res compared with some lower league clubs. Fair enough we used the PARS TV feed, but why? At Tannadice we should have had this sorted by now.

It doesn't take a massive amount of money to put on a decent feed, not that it's a small amount. I would hazard a guess that a fibre giga bit connection ~£100 a month dedicated to a rely hub such as a platform like you tube would not cost much more than that again. Obviously this would scale with definition of stream and number of users.

Then the costs of a decent camera and sound system, which we clearly don;t have as most streams I had to listen to last year sounded like old AM radio.

Don;t get me started on the standard of the commentary... At least they try I suppose. If Ronnie wasn't already doing I would pay extra to hear Him and the boy mcnichol commentate... Although I suspect the beeper would go massively!

The standard and content is terrible. Then commentator screeching at every goal is so annoying! The audio quality on some interviews are so poor you’d think they were novices at this. Do they care though that Arabs are paying money for a poor service? Do they fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post
    I reached out years ago to offer assistance in this regard. Being an IT guy with experience in AV I thought they might be open to it. Not replied to.

I had covid over the weekend and obviously didn't want to spread that aroudn my fellow arabs so hoped to get it on my eyepeeteevee but it didn't come on till after half time.

So I got my trusty VPN out, subbed at £16.99 for a month international, decent price I thought. Then WOW what a poor stream, very low res compared with some lower league clubs. Fair enough we used the PARS TV feed, but why? At Tannadice we should have had this sorted by now.

It doesn't take a massive amount of money to put on a decent feed, not that it's a small amount. I would hazard a guess that a fibre giga bit connection ~£100 a month dedicated to a rely hub such as a platform like you tube would not cost much more than that again. Obviously this would scale with definition of stream and number of users.

Then the costs of a decent camera and sound system, which we clearly don;t have as most streams I had to listen to last year sounded like old AM radio.

Don;t get me started on the standard of the commentary... At least they try I suppose. If Ronnie wasn't already doing I would pay extra to hear Him and the boy mcnichol commentate... Although I suspect the beeper would go massively!
    You sound pretty savvy about this. Can you explain my earlier question? How come some guy wandering through the back streets of Nepal with all his gear in a backpack can livestream(in crystal clear definition too) to around 10,000 with next to zero loss of signal yet United can’t put out a trouble free 2 hour stream to a smaller number of people?
    This has been going on well well before Asghar was there so can’t blame him for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    You sound pretty savvy about this. Can you explain my earlier question? How come some guy wandering through the back streets of Nepal with all his gear in a backpack can livestream(in crystal clear definition too) to around 10,000 with next to zero loss of signal yet United can’t put out a trouble free 2 hour stream to a smaller number of people?
    This has been going on well well before Asghar was there so can’t blame him for this one.
    I was in Nepal last year and perhaps the network provision is far better, in what is an underdeveloped country. I bought a cheap SIM card at the airport and reception all over the country, was pretty amazing compared to developed UK and a well known provider. Bloody unbelievable considering the monthly network/broadband provider charges we pay here.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I was in Nepal last year and perhaps the network provision is far better, in what is an underdeveloped country. I bought a cheap SIM card at the airport and reception all over the country, was pretty amazing compared to developed UK and a well known provider. Bloody unbelievable considering the monthly network/broadband provider charges we pay here.
    Nepal was an example(maybe it is a UK thing?). There’s live streamers all over Tokyo doing similar, Thailand too. How TF are these guys on their own providing glitch free streams in different locations everyday yet a team of guys with a permanent spot and no doubt office can’t do it? Is it the same guys doing it for all these years?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)