+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutv

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I had reason to listed to the audio today

It is soooooo bad

I appreciate they are Arabs and doing their best but this is not acceptable

What they are saying might be ok when there is a video but for a radio commentary it is abysmal

To listen to an audio they have to make some effort to describe what js happening

It’s like two mates in the pub watching a match and commenting when they feel like it !!!

If needed they could have a video commentary and an audio commentary

There is no way you can sell that to people
    Sounds like they and everyone at Tannadice know it’s a garbage service but the numbers for tuning in live are so low that they couldn’t give a flying f*ck. What other reason is there for near 2 decades of this?

The numbers are going to be low if what they produce is impossible to listen to or to follow what is happening

The logical thing would surely be to have one commentator for audio and one for video ?

Aside from lockdown I haven't used the live services on offer from United. It seems like it isn't up to snuff and I'd say there is little or no chance of any investment to rectify problems.

It's obvious video and audio commentary should be different. However, if they need to be the same for financial reasons, make the audio one default. 🤔

It occurred to me last week if Mark Ogren ever uses DUTV to watch a game.
    Maybe he's not bothered about the club taking money under false pretences.

DUTV sent me an email refusing to accept any responsibility and basically blamed me for the problems. I (try to) watch the video stream and if that's the radio commentary it's taking the pi55 on a grand scale. If the commentators know the video commentary is being used for audio they should be f ucking ashamed of themselves.
    I was working yesterday so couldn't watch but I lent my phone to a mate and he said he gave up after half an hour as it was dropping out so often.
    I've got a good contact at the Foundation and I'm going to ask him to once again raise it with the club.

Ps my mate said that pre match the commentator said "we're at the mercy of technology" and "we're using a 5g dongle".

WTAF

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Ps my mate said that pre match the commentator said "we're at the mercy of technology" and "we're using a 5g dongle".

WTAF
    Ronnie on the Dode Fox podcast is a tech whizz kid - he’s the match announcer at tannadice so surely he could give them a few tips

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post

WTAF
    Tenner off Amazon. It's hardly surprising no-one can get a live feed. Deary me.

Ronnie on the Dode Fox podcast is a tech whizz kid - he’s the match announcer at tannadice so surely he could give them a few tips
    Is it the same people who have been doing it from the very beginning? If you’re still needing tips after 2 decades then the game is truly up the poley. There’s ****agers live streaming to thousands while out and about on the streets—it’s baffling why these muppets can’t put out a stable stream once a week after years and years of failing.

I had reason to listed to the audio today

It is soooooo bad

I appreciate they are Arabs and doing their best but this is not acceptable

What they are saying might be ok when there is a video but for a radio commentary it is abysmal

To listen to an audio they have to make some effort to describe what js happening

It’s like two mates in the pub watching a match and commenting when they feel like it !!!

If needed they could have a video commentary and an audio commentary

There is no way you can sell that to people
    Hiya LS. I'm in an email exchange with Mark McCreery the Head of Communications at the Club. Among other things I raised the question about the audio commentary. If/when I get a reply I'll let you know what he says.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)