+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L2 Season Preview

L2 Season Preview

You’ll need a brew and a packet of biscuits before you get your head into this one!

https://www.ncs-news.co.uk/read/league-2-season-preview

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    You’ll need a brew and a packet of biscuits before you get your head into this one!

Blimey O'Riley facts overload...

I used to get all the pre-season football magazines with the intention of checking all the "prophecies" for accuracy come the end of the season. But I never did. Probably too pissed off with Notts' underwhelming efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

lol, I've bookmarked it for serious pondering later. Many thanks for all your work on that site.

Same here, this deserves some time to digest. Thanks for the effort put in to this

Lots to digest, thanks. What does strike me having taken a quick glance, there are some decent and experienced managers in L2. It's going to be a tough job getting out this league. It's a great test for Luke Williams and his team.

Anybody else ridiculously excited for Saturday??

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    yup!

Yeah, that comment from LW about being replaceable at Notts was interesting. Have to say that I've also become something of an LW fan over the last season, as well as Notts, and am hoping he can realize his potential too.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Ridiculously excited, ridiculously concerned, and ridiculously hovering between positive and negative.

I haven't made my finishing prediction yet, but I'm getting increasing positive vibes which just isn't natural!

Excited? For the start of the season in general, yes. For the start of our L2 campaign? Well that will be with bated breath.

I get nervous when I see previews tipping us for promotion, some even saying we’ll be champions, especially when I see the other teams in the league. This feels like a big step-up, but we’ve got a lot of exciting players, an inspirational manager and the best set-up we’ve had in many a year.

That NCS preview is fantastic, so much hard work going into it. I must admit, I hadn’t realised Johnnie Jackson was the manager at AFC Wimbledon. We’ll see a few old faces this season - from Jackson and Jake Reeves at Wimbledon, Kyle Wootton at Stockport and Elliott Hewitt at Mansfield.

Looking forward to being at Sutton on Saturday. Haven’t heard anything about how many tickets we’ve sold, but it will be disappointing if we don’t sell out for the first game back in the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I get nervous when I see previews tipping us for promotion, some even saying we’ll be champions, especially when I see the other teams in the league. This feels like a big step-up, but we’ve got a lot of exciting players, an inspirational manager and the best set-up we’ve had in many a year.

That NCS preview is fantastic, so much hard work going into it. I must admit, I hadn’t realised Johnnie Jackson was the manager at AFC Wimbledon. We’ll see a few old faces this season - from Jackson and Jake Reeves at Wimbledon, Kyle Wootton at Stockport and Elliott Hewitt at Mansfield.

Looking forward to being at Sutton on Saturday. Haven’t heard anything about how many tickets we’ve sold, but it will be disappointing if we don’t sell out for the first game back in the EFL.
    I'm sure it won't be well received but I liked Hewitt. A really athletic spoiler, not a good defender but a mobile, destructive player who stops opposition playing.
    Looks like only non covered standing available, so over 1000 sold????
    Could we sell out at 1290? I hope we do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast