+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Striker!

Anyone else got an “Anichebe/Dike” type feeling?

Hopefully he’s the answer but I still think we need a lean, lithe, pacey type Lee Hughes/Vardy type youngster bringing in.

No pre season unfit we’ll see him around Xmas with Dike

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    No pre season unfit we’ll see him around Xmas with Dike
    Our usual routine Bomber🤡🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A calm head in front of goal and a good finisher. Let’s hope he’s a good fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    A calm head in front of goal and a good finisher. Let’s hope he’s a good fit here.
    Read somewhere that he had been on our radar for a while and that Corberan was keen on him because he felt that he would fit in particularly well playing alongside BTA. We shall see. After our experiences with Anichebe, Dike etc (and we do seem to have quite a history in signing dud strikers) it is hard to be too optimistic but you never know!

I think he may work, BTA needs a finisher alongside him, could be a great partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The issue I have come to have with these annual videos clips of new signings is that they always look very good. But I rarely if ever see it recreated when they play for the Albion.
    The list is endless.....Beginning to believe they are just AI generated...no pre-season so will be a no show for how long into the season?
    I want to be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    The issue I have come to have with these annual videos clips of new signings is that they always look very good. But I rarely if ever see it recreated when they play for the Albion.
    The list is endless.....Beginning to believe they are just AI generated...no pre-season so will be a no show for how long into the season?
    I want to be wrong on this.
    I was just thinking the same Dubbs. We’re a bit of a strikers graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I was just thinking the same Dubbs. We’re a bit of a strikers graveyard.
    It's a reputation of the club's own making boingy, over time..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)