+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harsher punishments for bad behaviour under new FA rules

Harsher punishments for bad behaviour under new FA rules

Tougher on players, coaching staff and fans...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66359526

Over to my trusty dictionary:

Definition of 'to close the stable door after the horse has bolted'
    PHRASE [VERB inflects]
    If you say that someone has closed or shut the stable door after the horse has bolted, you mean that they have tried to prevent something happening but they have done so too late to prevent damage being done.

Dock teams points is the only way, the managers won't do anything in fact I bet they encourage players to harass the officials so they get the decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Dock teams points is the only way, the managers won't do anything in fact I bet they encourage players to harass the officials so they get the decisions
    Agreed. If total fines last season were around £1 million for Premier clubs.....it's a drop in the ocean for what they earn. Make it point deductions and I'm sure this would soon stop. Fines are not working.

'There will also be resources put in place "to educate adults and children alike about the hurt tragedy chanting causes".'

Waste of time and money. It's not that these people don't understand what they're doing and how it might affect people, it's that they don't care. They sing offensive song because they upset people.

Scumbags are going to be scumbags. You can't educate it away.

If I'm reading that right they're going to enact the harshest punishments at tier 7 and below, where hardly anyone watches football?

Ermmm yeah let's have zero tolerance in part time football and let Klopp and Arteta et al keep getting away with berating and squaring up to officials with barely any repercussions in the games that 99% of football fans actually watch, that should solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    'There will also be resources put in place "to educate adults and children alike about the hurt tragedy chanting causes".'

Waste of time and money. It's not that these people don't understand what they're doing and how it might affect people, it's that they don't care. They sing offensive song because they upset people.

Scumbags are going to be scumbags. You can't educate it away.
    That they are, Slackers. How on earth are they going to go about it? Send social workers to patrol up and down the terraces preaching goodwill? But somebody will make a few quid out of "re-educating" the sods who will just laugh at them and carry on as usual after their couple of hours in the pre-match boozer. If anyone thinks they can instill a conscience into folks who have already decided what their fun is then it's them who need councilling.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If I'm reading that right they're going to enact the harshest punishments at tier 7 and below, where hardly anyone watches football?

Ermmm yeah let's have zero tolerance in part time football and let Klopp and Arteta et al keep getting away with berating and squaring up to officials with barely any repercussions in the games that 99% of football fans actually watch, that should solve it.
    All of this may be true. However, assaults in the amateur game is rife. I am sure anyone who has played football at any sort of level will have stories they could share. I know I do. The worse one I witnessed resulted in 2 players serving prison time. There was an incident a fair few years ago in Chilwell where a player who had been sent off, fetched his van and tried to run the ref over.
    There are clubs that still get away with ‘shenanigans’ in Nottinghamshire. It wouldn’t take much of a guess as to which areas these come from and what backgrounds.
    Will points deductions fix these problems? I’m not convinced. I have played games with ringers, and a ringer and against ringers. No one ever gets asked for ID. Yet it does happen in youth football as each player has to register, provide ID and a recent photo to the FA. Why not in men’s football?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    All of this may be true. However, assaults in the amateur game is rife. I am sure anyone who has played football at any sort of level will have stories they could share. I know I do. The worse one I witnessed resulted in 2 players serving prison time. There was an incident a fair few years ago in Chilwell where a player who had been sent off, fetched his van and tried to run the ref over.
    There are clubs that still get away with ‘shenanigans’ in Nottinghamshire. It wouldn’t take much of a guess as to which areas these come from and what backgrounds.
    Will points deductions fix these problems? I’m not convinced. I have played games with ringers, and a ringer and against ringers. No one ever gets asked for ID. Yet it does happen in youth football as each player has to register, provide ID and a recent photo to the FA. Why not in men’s football?
    Yes, I've heard some proper horror stories on the radio from refs working lower down the pyramid.

Songs about tragedies are really quite appalling and sadly we've had this problem at Notts directed at Bradford City apparently. Hopefully that won't be resurrected when we play them in November.
    I guess all of the homophobic chants must be from teams playing against Brighton and perhaps this particular problem has become exaggerated more recently by the fact they are now in the PL. I don't think I've ever heard homophobic chants at a football match, though there was a song about the Watford chairman in the 1980s.

I'd be dead against docking points, there's too much of that already turning the game into a farce. We can't have league tables decided by what goes on off the pitch. Culprits just need to be banned, either for longer or for good.
    I'd hate to see mass brawls between players or coaching staff stamped out completely however, I think most fans enjoy a bit of drama. Obviously there needs to be consequences but if you suck all of the passion out the game you'll kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I completely agree that assaults in the amateur game are out of hand. My point is that people copy what they see on TV, so by bottling out of applying the harshest punishments in the matches that everyone sees (probably due to fear of litigation) they are just kicking the can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast