+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (A) 04/08

Arbroath (A) 04/08

Can’t quite believe I’m writing about another season in this god forsaken league which let’s face it we’re back in again, like before, due to 100% purely self inflicted reasons. Given the size of the Club,I’m not claiming we should be top six every season, but by the same barometer nor should we ever be getting relegated either. However, what happened last season happened and we need to get over it and quickly. The fall out from the Tim Two sales festered for too long and in no small way contributed to our prolonged stay doon last time round with a complete breakdown of trust and faith between the Club and the support. We simply can’t afford that this time round - we HAVE to get up in a one-er to limit the damage of last season to the absolute minimum.

As per, our support will be there off the pitch as usual with a sell out in hand, so we need a reciprocal response from those on the pitch. Something that happened far too infrequently last season. What happened last year is gone and there is nothing that can be done about it now so let’s just get on with it, put in the effort, work hard and get the wins required so come May we can pretend none of this ever actually happened.

Off on Friday, so several jars in the Ferry, train, Gayfield, three points and home. Please don’t let me down United.

P2BAA

I think that last season, one of our biggest enemies was the lack of confidence, caused by some diabolical individual errors. I think that this season, we need to get our confidence back and regain a bit of a swagger. I still think we are missing something in midfield and might struggle to create chances. We need to get off to a bright start and lay down a marker for the season.A 3-0 win would get us off on the right foot...anything less and we will remain mentally fragile. This needs to be a one season jolly and the owner needs to be ready to bolster our squad on January if need be!

I would be very happy if we win every match one nil. Quite boring maybe but we just need to get the job done. 🙂

Campbell will have them organised and fired up , would happily take a 1-0 nil win to get us up and running

Until i see us winning a game that means something i will assume the worst.

2-1 Arbroath prediction

Our pre season games last year told us we were nowhere near ready and that turned out to be the case.
    I feel different about this season based on the fact that we've added some steel and quality in the right areas. We look better organised and we're playing football instead of hoofball to an isolated striker.
    Arbroath will be a sterner test than Carlisle offered but I think we have enough to edge it and start the campaign with a victory.

I agree that Dick Campbell will have his team organised and up for a fight....but by christ, after last season.....our boys better be more fired up and organised!

Yes, a 3-0 win would be fantastic, but I'll be happy with any win, especially if we keep a clean sheet.

Ill take a 1-0 off Moults arse in the 94th Minute if I have too, but we really need to be winning this.

Confidence should be a bit higher after Falkirk and Carlisle, especially the latter as Carlisle should have been a stern test and we strolled it. Like it or not, a win against teams from down south is always a morale booster.

Expect 2-0 United. Will take 3 points with any scoreline in reality!

Tough opening game, they will be well up for it and full of fight and intensity, they got the confidence boosting win at the weekend in a Derby with Montrose

I still fancy us to edge it and if we do then it's positive, however I won't be writing its off either, if we can keep a cleansheet too that would be a statement

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)