+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (45)

6. Blue Velvet - Bobby Vinton

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    6. Blue Velvet - Bobby Vinton
    Correct

So in the end about 7.5 went unsolved and goes to show 1990 (that's 33 years ago) is far too recent for most Madsters

1. Solitary sister Is there still a part of you that wants to give? Killer Adamski
    2. Well, some of the crowd are on the pitch They think it's all over World In Motion New Order/England WC Squad
    3. On the day that you were born the angels got together (They Long to Be) Close to You Carpenters
    4. I don't know where you're going and I don't know why Listen To Your Heart Roxette
    5. Watching every motion in this foolish lover's game Take My Breath Away Berlin
    6. Warmer than May, her tender sighs Love was ours Blue Velvet Bobby Vinton
    7. Somewhere 'cross the desert Sometime in the early hours Blue Savannah Erasure
    8. Tonight you're gonna go down in flames Just Like Jesse James Cher
    9. You're trying hard not to show it But baby, baby I know it You've Lost That Loving Feeling The Righteous Brothers
    10. I take two steps forward, I take two steps back Opposites Attract Paula Abdul
    11. You don't know what it's like Baby you don't know what it's like To Love Somebody Jimmy Sommerville
    12. 'Cause we're the all time winners In the all time loser's game The King and Queen of America Eurythmics
    13. How many times do I have to say I'm sorry, yes I'm sorry Something Happened on the Way to Heaven Phil Collins
    14. Don't you forget Caught in the crowd It never ends It's My LIfe Talk Talk
    15. Bang bang on the door baby, bang bang! On the door baby, bang bang! Love Shack B52s
    16. Why do you lock yourself up in these chains? (These chains) Hold On Wilson Phillips
    17. A spirit stronger than war was at work that night December 1914 cold, clear and bright All Together Now The Farm
    18. If only I'd thought of the right words I could have held on to your heart Pictures of You The Cure
    19. Quick to the point, to the point, no faking I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice
    20. I want success and all that goes with it And I'm gonna use my s.ex Dirty Cash (Money Talks) The Adventures of Stevie V
    21. And we were snuggled up in the back seat Making up for lost time Steamy Windows Tina Turner
    22. I'll get over you, I know I will I'll pretend my ship's not sinking The King of Wishful Thinking Go West
    23. All the stars in heaven go dim To the lights on me and him Queen of the New Year Deacon Blue
    24. You're gonna cry, cry, cry, cry now You're gonna cry, cry, cry, cry now 96 Tears The Stranglers
    25. And we would especially like to welcome all the Representatives of Illinois' law enforcement community Everybody Needs Somebody The Blues Brothers
    26. Every night, every night, it's just the same You leave me lonely Downtown Train Rod Stewart
    27. I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you Wicked Game Chris Isaak
    28. I couldn't ask for another No, I couldn't ask for another Groove is in the Heart Deee-lite
    29. Some people call me Maurice The Joker Steve Miller Band
    30. Cruised into a bar on the shore Her picture graced the grime on the door Dude (Looks Like A Lady) Aerosmith
    31. It's getting', it's getting', it's gettin' kinda heavy I've Got The Power Snap
    32. Cold cold heart Hard done by you Sacrifice Elton John
    33. And they'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow Nothing Ever Happens Del Amitri
    34. In a world full of people there's only some want to fly Crazy Seal
    35. And how am I supposed to carry on? When all that I've been livin' for is gone How am I Supposed to Live Without You Michael Bolton
    36. We must have been stone crazy When we thought we were just friends I've Been Thinking About You Londonbeat
    37. Lay a whisper on my pillow Leave the winter on the ground It Must Have Been Love Roxette
    38. Words are very unnecessary Enjoy the Silence Depeche Mode
    39. I've hungered for your touch Unchained Melody The Righteous Brothers
    40. Don't you cry, you'll get by, you'll be back On your feet, in no time, you'll be fine Don't Worry Kim Appleby
    41. God is watching us, god is watching us, God is watching us From a Distance Cliff Richard
    42. Full length, half length Fully fashion calf length Kinky Boots Patrick Macnee & Honor Blackman
    43. The things you say Your purple prose just give you away Unbelievable EMF
    44. Grandpa says their happy now They sit with God in paradise Tell Me There's A Heaven Chris Rea
    45. Now she's afraid to come out of the water And I wonder what she's gonna do Itsy Bitsy ****y Weeny.... Bombalurina
    46. She really gets me high (Bam-ba-lam) You know that's no lie (Bam-ba-lam) Black Betty Ram Jam
    47. I'll settle for the back of your hand Somewhere on my behind Hanky Panky Madonna
    48. I am waiting At the counter For the man To pour the coffee Tom's Diner DNA Featuring Suzanne Vega
    49. Third boxcar, midnight train Destination Bangor, Maine King of the Road The Proclaimers
    50. And the wind blows hot and the wind blows cold Good Morning Britain Aztec Camera
    51. Girl, you make my dreams come true You make my dreams come true Close to You Maxi Priest
    52. Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers, dance on air Vogue Madonna
    53. It's just time to pay the price For not listening to advice The Policy of Truth Depeche Mode
    54. Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me Nessun Dorma Pavarotti
    55. Bully for you chilly for me Got to get a rain check on pain Fame David Bowie
    56. He said, "Girl you better try to have fun, no matter what you do" Nothing Compares to U Sinead O'Conner
    57. My, my, my, my U Can't Touch This MC Hammer
    58. And you can try, to find her But you'll be looking in vain Spit in the Rain Del Amitri
    59. I'll forgive and forget If you say you'll never go Better The Devil You Know Kylie Minogue
    60. Lips that promise, fear the worst Tongue so sharp, the bubble burst A Little Time The Beautiful South

12. 'Cause we're the all time winners In the all time loser's game (Joe and Jill if stateside was a monarchy?)
    13. How many times do I have to say I'm sorry, yes I'm sorry (Is he apologising to Peter Gabriel on the way to the pearly gates)
    18. If only I'd thought of the right words I could have held on to your heart (Your images might help this remedy)
    20. I want success and all that goes with it And I'm gonna use my s.ex (It's what your fiver would be if you dropped it in the toilets at Millmoor)
    44. Grandpa says their happy now They sit with God in paradise (Last request as we shuffle off this mortal coil?)
    51. Girl, you make my dreams come true You make my dreams come true (Top man in the church with his version of number 3)
    57. My, my, my, my (Every randy ****age boy heard this from their first girlfriend)
    58. And you can try, to find her But you'll be looking in vain (Rodney's brother getting phlegm blown back in his face)

I'd forgotten about this video for number 12. Quite funny.

Very hot summer 1990 I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Very hot summer 1990 I remember.
    It was. Probably highlighted/remembered for England's performance at Lords against India where they scored 925 runs for the loss of only 8 wickets over 2 innings. Graham Gooch alone scored 456 of those runs (333,123). England won by 247 runs.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was. Probably highlighted/remembered for England's performance at Lords against India where they scored 925 runs for the loss of only 8 wickets over 2 innings. Graham Gooch alone scored 456 of those runs (333,123). England won by 247 runs.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard
    And of course, Gazza and The Three Tenors.

Thanks, CAM. I was surprised how little I knew of this and that what I did know was an original artist version from decades before!

Hopefully you'll take us Madsters back to what you accurately described as our 'sweet spot' era(s) in future!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567