+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread- Stoke v The Millers

We seem toothless in every position at the moment. Stoke are playing well but not that well. No attacking intent when we gat in their half and defence at sixes and sevens for the most part. Midfield MIA. Every clearance from defence is just hit and hope and recycle back to Stoke. Horrible.

Some utterly shambolic defending. Really early days but we don't look right with the 3 centre backs and wing backs. They push up to try and support and then we get mullered down the wings (akin to when Woody was here and we tried to do the same). Morrison has zero pace, Blackett is like a batsman in baseball, swinging and missing everything and even Humphreys looks uncharacteristically unsure.

Oh and we have an absolute chronic lack of pace in forward areas. Bramall and Fred have far too much to do in defending but being the only outlets with pace, they can't do it.

That was awful 45 mins, morrison couldnt captain the titanic he is so slow and should have been sent off, it could be 6. Not one player played well tbe wingbacks are league 2 level. Cafu must have stayed on the bus as he wasnt on the pitch. Nothing going forward just a long ball from the keeper why we cannot play it out. Humphreys lost his man for 2nd goal, and looks to be waiting for his transfer to swansea. Nothing positive in that 45 mins

This is the sort of supporter we are facing this season, and bear in mind Stoke, who have play off aspirations, are playing us, who are just looking to stay in this division and are odds on favourites to be relegated and stoke have just gone 3-0 up at the time.....

headsgoup
    Reserve Player

6 minutes ago
    Goonie*and*deeside2*like thisQuote

This is a playoff team already.

And we haven't even finished our transfer business.....

You couldn't make it up. UTM

Check back if anyone doesn't believe me I also said before we signed any central defenders this transfer window I would have only have brought one in from Blackett Hall Morrison for me that would have been Blackett. Can't see how you can sign players who were out for as long as other two were last season.

You spend all summer looking forward to the season & within 45 minutes am already looking forward to the summer.
    Great. Just bloody great.

CAM, would you do me the honours from when he first joined please? He saw something. Thanks.

I don't think for a second I know better than Matt Taylor but maybe we need to think about playing a flat back 4. I don't think we've got the players to play how he wants to.

GOOOAAALLL. Pelts 46 mins. Come back on the cards

Just hope this doesn't end up with a proper hiding. Same as before in that we seem to switch off early/late in the first/second halves. Kick this habit and let's see what happens. Thank goodness we are not playing one of the key favourites for promo today

Edit - one back, at least some fire still left in the belly

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast