+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    That back line need not play together again without some proper training together. Zero communication and absolute no leadership to be seen.

I'm grateful most were not available for selection last season based on that performance we would have been down.

Acid test will be 10 games in, but that showing was a shower.

Cafu tried and was sent off for it.
    I don't blame the 'back line' - the CBs were left exposed by a really poor midfield show
    Wiles was totally lost and over on the other side, there was a moment when Fred & Haks were stood next to each other, looking like they were going for a stroll, holding hands when the ball landed between them, just inches from either of them - they both shot off down the wing, making the same run into space, leaving the ball for the other to play it forward so a Stoke player nipped in from yards away, took the ball and had the freedom of the pitch as our 2 lads had burst so far forwards, they might as well have been in outer space....

Did Morrison think Viktor deserved captain’s armband over vice captain Rathbone?

Busby going for record this season, gave 10 yellows with one turning into red for his first league game, the man is a joke pure and simple and the anger in me is knowing that nothing gets done about them, the new idiotic rules will turn some into Hitler
    Expect a lot of anger at games
    Last edited by millertop; 06-08-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Disappointed with yesterday but it’s one game. One or two having a go at wiles but he like Morrison haven’t played much competitive football for quite a while, give the lad some slack.

I don't read posts however how long by who only watch games on a screen. Fans who go to both home & away games will see the whole picture more than me but at least at the home games you see more the crowds reaction to new players. Bramall he's not a left back full stop seen that last season he can't read the game. We need younger legs at left back another centre back & some height up front all good enough for this level. Play players in their correct positions Dext at right back, Fred on the left further forward. 45 more championship games to go see were are after say 15 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Disappointed with yesterday but it’s one game. One or two having a go at wiles but he like Morrison haven’t played much competitive football for quite a while, give the lad some slack.
    I agree Stovic. Give em another 10 minutes on Tuesday and then get stuck into them.

I don't read posts in broken English.

Now the bench has increase to 9, has the squad size increased from 25?

I've read a few comments about our bench being weak, but what do people expect. Do they see a couple of youth players and think its poor, or was it the rest of the 'first team' squad players.

We have a few of injuries, so already aren't able to choose 20 first team players (though not sure we have 20 players good enough for the first team). I'd expect to see a couple of youth players on the bench most games as they dont count to the 25. Given the way yellow cards are being handed out, after a couple of months I'd expect most squads to have a few youth players on the bench.

Do we need a bench of 9? Yes it will give youth a chance to sit on bench and maybe a subs appearance here and there, but clubs will be reluctant to let them go on loan, which might make it harder for us to pick up better youth players on loan from PL.

Why did we need an increase to 9 subs on bench, wont be long until they just say you can just bring the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I don't read posts however how long by who only watch games on a screen. Fans who go to both home & away games will see the whole picture more than me but at least at the home games you see more the crowds reaction to new players. Bramall he's not a left back full stop seen that last season he can't read the game. We need younger legs at left back another centre back & some height up front all good enough for this level. Play players in their correct positions Dext at right back, Fred on the left further forward. 45 more championship games to go see were are after say 15 games.

Watched extended highlights cause couldn't watch it live yesterday proved my point their 1st goal Bramall was in no man's land in our box marking no one. Weren't only him all their goals you could question our defence.

Cafu wasn’t booked for the challenge. He was booked for holding the ball after the whistle went which is now classed as dissent. Which is even more ridiculous as we gain no advantage. He has to tell the ref he doesn’t think it’s a foul. No way he should leave the field for doing so.

Let’s not forget that Blackett’s handball in the first half is a penalty and Morrison could’ve walked if we used VAR.

Howard Webb needs to admit he’s got this wrong. 9 yellow cards, 1 red and 15 minutes added time is moronic in a game without a single bad tackle.

We pay to watch the football. Not the refereeing. HW would do well to remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched extended highlights cause couldn't watch it live yesterday proved my point their 1st goal Bramall was in no man's land in our box marking no one. Weren't only him all their goals you could question our defence.
    You could but you couldn't be bothered to go / your carers aren't permitted to go on excursions so far. Thus, with your own statement, you aren't entitled to an opinion on this game. Not even watching highlights through a screen, so sit back down and shut up. Fool.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast