+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crooked House…..

The Crooked House…..

Very sad but no surprise. I said to my wife when I heard it had been sold, how long before someone burns it down? They do this to listed buildings to save people trying to save them.
    The pub was world famous, with Americans coming over to see it.
    Marston's are a disgrace, Banks's used to be a great drink until Marston's took over and now it tastes nothing like it did.
    I will never buy another Marston's product again, they are the Jeremy Peace of brewers.

Wasn’t Marstons itself taken over some years back? When I lived in Lichfield, Marstons Pedigree was an excellent beer, especially in the areas not too far from Burton; these days, it is akin to dishwater. As for the fire at The Crooked House, it s a tragedy but no surprise. Unprincipled developers will do anything to turn a profit, such a pity that we have to share the Earth’s air with such scum.

I thought this was about Jeremy Peace’s mansion in Jersey… 🤔

sad news. I remember my dad telling me it was one his favourites - he used to cycle there from Tipton in the 40s

5 days after someone buys it for redevelopment, it burns down bit dodgy I think.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    5 days after someone buys it for redevelopment, it burns down bit dodgy I think.
    They weren't going to use it as a pub so what else could they have done with it? The whole business stinks. It's all about profit but money doesn't make you happy, quite the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    They weren't going to use it as a pub so what else could they have done with it? The whole business stinks. It's all about profit but money doesn't make you happy, quite the reverse.
    It was a grade 2 listed building, which would of made it difficult to do many changes.

I only went there once back in the early 80’s and it was absolutely heaving with customers.

If it was no longer viable as as a business it should’ve been acquired for the Black Country Museum.

To lose a piece of history such as this is really scandalous.

The whole thing stinks.

Corruption is endemic in society, so not a chance that the council will decline planning permission.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)