+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Well done southblue you are still holding onto the top spot with your excellent predictions but there’s a long way to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    What you going for next week Chalky?
    I’m waiting to see what southblue predicts 😉👍

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I’m waiting to see what southblue predicts 😉👍
    You need inspiration from somewhere 😎…

QUOTE=Chauncey;40363585]I’m waiting to see what southblue predicts 😉👍[/QUOTE]

Haha!
    If you look at my predictions over the last few seasons, you will see that I pretty much predict the same each week and do my submissions on Saturday AM. Normally, I’m bottom. But it seems to be going ok this year (that’s put the curse on it).

I have actually glanced at the league tables this year (primarily because teams I thought were in higher divisions are now in lower - I’ve not really followed the footy properly for a few years).

I think I’ve grown to turn into my mum who did football pools in the old days and just randomly picked games based on match numbers. The ironic thing is, she is now a die hard, knowledgeable CUFC (and football in general) fan.
    Whereas I used to be, but not now. I’m just here for the Cumbrian crack and a link to my home town.

If you can’t eat until Saturday, then my strategy is simple and unchanged for years. 2-1 or 1-2 for most scores unless someone is really **** - then I’ll extend that to 3-1/1-3.
    Only real exception is if Stevenage are an option - then I’ll optimistically predict a hammering.

I don’t know if it was this one or not, but whenever there is a Scottish game in the predictions I will always predict a 5-5 draw. This originates from an SS (Scottish Score) which I have zero interest in.

I’ve already submitted my entry for this week southblue but notes have been taken for future reference especially if your good run extends another week,keep up the good work but how about giving your mam a go one week to see how she fares at it,not yet though,stick to doing what you do best for now and well done on your run 👍

Some better scoring this week (average 5.1) with three contestants, Crusha, Howoldboy and Davee, getting the outcomes of six games correct. If only some of those had been correct scores eh, so it’s 6 points each. Frank got two scores correct and he’s this week’s top-scorer with a nice nine. The boy from the Dog got 7 so well done to those two.

Kel and Alf only got 3s but at least they turned up. AussieBranch didn’t (again) so he’s now only got Cayambe under him. Alf slips down three places but only one or two places up or down otherwise. Even Frank’s 9 only moved him up one place.

Ten games in so that’s 40 each in the scores and results sections. In the scores half have been homes with 15 aways and 5 draws. Mose common scores:

1-0. 6
    1-2. 5
    2-1. 4

In the results, 16 were homes, 15 draws and 9 aways.

1 Southblue…..….…………..(4) 49
    2 Davee…………….….……….(6) 46
    3 Howoldboy………..………..(6) 45
    4 Kel………………….….……….(3) 44
    5 Frank…………….…….………(9) 41
    6 Blackdogblue.……….…….(7) 39
    7 Mullen….……….……….……(6) 38
    8= Alf………….….………………(3) 37
    8= Chalky……….………………(5) 37
    10 Griff……………………………(5) 36
    11 NZBlue……………………….(4) 34
    12 Nobby………….……………..(4) 33
    13 Pete………………………….…(4) 32
    14 Crusha………………………..(6) 30
    15 CUFCAussieBranch….(dne) 28
    16 Cayambe……………………..(4) 27

Eat my dust Chalky…. What a great weekend.. couple of bets come in & knocked him off his perch 😎

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post

Nice to see a few in but remember that bragging rights come at the end of the season. AussieBranch v NZBlue, Blackdog v Chalky - nowt’s won yet. 1
    You should take note of what griff said in post one of this thread bdb,bragging rights come at the end of the season and bragging about a win so early is very uncouth and frowned upon by posters on here

Well done Frank on getting nine points though,top scoring that

Can I point out that in the QPR V Blackburn game bdb predicted AQ so should not be included in the scoring

All Questionable?

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)