+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kasper

Barry Watling? Ace penalty saver!

Bob Catlin anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Loved Eric McManus , but then along came Raddy !!!
    Loved Eric McManus ,but then came that fumbling of a long throw-in that saw us exit the League Cup after that famous Everton replay.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    Barry Watling? Ace penalty saver!
    Thanks for posting, I was really struggling to dredge up that name. Old age memory-fade! I do seem to remember him saving quite a lot of penalties though.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Thanks for posting, I was really struggling to dredge up that name. Old age memory-fade! I do seem to remember him saving quite a lot of penalties though.
    Seem to recall Barry Watling saved maybe 7 penalties during the 70-71 promotion season. He wasnt the tallest of goalies either!Name:  Notts 1970-71.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  71.4 KB

The Land of the Giants !
    A popular American TV import of the time,as Keegan dubbed the Lane after another Scunny defeat.
    Watling went on to play for Seattle Sounders and was All Star keeper in 74.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    Seem to recall Barry Watling saved maybe 7 penalties during the 70-71 promotion season. He wasnt the tallest of goalies either!
    It was 6 or 7 on the trot or similar. Think it was some sort of a record at the time?

Raddy was brill, but does anyone else remember his clearances regularly swerving wildly out to the halfway line often
    to be caught by Jimmy or Jack (or is it my imagination!)?

i fear we could do with some of that muscle over the course of the season.
    What I found most disconcerting about Saturday was the unchallenged taunting of Stone.
    Imagine Brian Stubbs tolerating that !
    Any road up,the players have until January the 6 th at 3 p.m. to confer amongst themselves and nominate the candidate to administer the coup de grace Smith's behaviour so richly deserves.
    My recommendation is within the first minute.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    i fear we could do with some of that muscle over the course of the season.
    What I found most disconcerting about Saturday was the unchallenged taunting of Stone.
    Imagine Brian Stubbs tolerating that !
    Any road up,the players have until January the 6 th at 3 p.m. to confer amongst themselves and nominate the candidate to administer the coup de grace Smith's behaviour so richly deserves.
    My recommendation is within the first minute.
    Agreed. The ref should have at least told him to grow up and bugger off, if nothing else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast