+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kasper

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It was 6 or 7 on the trot or similar. Think it was some sort of a record at the time?
    ChatGPT reckons the record number of consecutive penalty saves (as of 2021) to be held by Kelvin Davies who saved five on the trot for Southampton in 2009-10. I asked if Barry Watling had held an earlier record, but the answer was inconclusive. If he did, I expect one of the stattos on here may come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Raddy was brill, but does anyone else remember his clearances regularly swerving wildly out to the halfway line often
    to be caught by Jimmy or Jack (or is it my imagination!)?
    I remember him rushing out of his area and doing a full diving save!
    We have had some cracking keepers over the years but my favourite character keeper was George (The Flying Pig) Smith. Mainly because he was my first keeper and he was always covered in mud gutted when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    ChatGPT reckons the record number of consecutive penalty saves (as of 2021) to be held by Kelvin Davies who saved five on the trot for Southampton in 2009-10. I asked if Barry Watling had held an earlier record, but the answer was inconclusive. If he did, I expect one of the stattos on here may come up with something.
    Watling saved at least 5 on the trot, the 5th being at home to Chester on 13th February 1971.

Edit: Bill Baker of Southport saved six in row 1960-61
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 08-08-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It was 6 or 7 on the trot or similar. Think it was some sort of a record at the time?
    I thought it was 7 too.
    No amount of online searching draws an answer.

I also believe it was 7 on the trot.

Best keeper I've seen is no contest, Raddy all day every day for me. Surprised no ones mentioned the Bartman or Ward either as both were pretty useful.

Best keeper display at the Lane I've ever seen was a young David James, out of this world on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Best keeper display at the Lane I've ever seen was a young David James, out of this world on the day.
    James was brilliant that night, best display I've seen too.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Surely Mick Rose has to be on the list
    You are joking? I hope

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I also believe it was 7 on the trot.

Best keeper I've seen is no contest, Raddy all day every day for me. Surprised no ones mentioned the Bartman or Ward either as both were pretty useful.

I think Ward ended any chance of "legend" status by moving over the river on a free

Can confirm Watling saved five consecutive penalties in the 1970/71 season, then saved two more in the end of season tour in Italy. So 5 in competitive games, 7 including friendlies.

I was always a big Steve Cherry fan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast