+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Lincoln City 08.08.23 [EFLC R1]

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The majority of our attacking prowess came from the fact we played against teams who would stand off us and not attack back. League 2 have no such fear of us and will attack us, it exposes our defence and nullifies our attack. The fact we had 70% possession but had a solitary shot on target is pathetic
    Indeed. The fact that 70% of possession resulted in very little attacking threat but a ton of defensive issues suggests that our approach needs adjusting. I'd rather win a game with 50% of possession.

Still too early to say anything for sure, and we'll know more on Sat. But we can't just expect to play the way we did against non-league sides and continue to enjoy the same success.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Maybe matt you should stop calling concerned posters drama queen's and get your head out the sand and smell the coffee.
    Luke's post match interview and the pre season interview caused me alarm "no idea how the players will perform in league 2 " well you do now like.
    He was playing to the ga11eries with the pre season interview, lowering expectations, taking pressure off his team.
    Football Radar will be able predict where we finish before a balls even kicked, it won’t be 100% but certainly give them all an idea ballpark idea.
    We have so much quality in this squad, hungry players and a top manager, yes we need to sort out some defensive frailties either by tactics or by personnel or both, but all this doom or gloom after 2 games to me is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He was playing to the ga11eries with the pre season interview, lowering expectations, taking pressure off his team.
    Football Radar will be able predict where we finish before a balls even kicked, it won’t be 100% but certainly give them all an idea ballpark idea.
    We have so much quality in this squad, hungry players and a top manager, yes we need to sort out some defensive frailties either by tactics or by personnel or both, but all this doom or gloom after 2 games to me is crazy.
    It's obviously not all doom and gloom, but there are reasons for concern. Not so much about losing two games of football - that can happen to any side - but more about the manner of the defeats. Two insipid and weak performances to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's obviously not all doom and gloom, but there are reasons for concern. Not so much about losing two games of football - that can happen to any side - but more about the manner of the defeats. Two insipid and weak performances to start the season.
    This^^^

We did OK against Forest and Shrews in pre season, both from higher leagues. It's difficult to understand why we look so poor now? It might have paid us to play our best team last night to try and generate a bit of self belief, if nowt else. The players I felt MIGHT have hurt Lincoln, ie Didzy and Nemane, were left out.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^

We did OK against Forest and Shrews in pre season, both from higher leagues. It's difficult to understand why we look so poor now? It might have paid us to play our best team last night to try and generate a bit of self belief, if nowt else. The players I felt MIGHT have hurt Lincoln, ie Didzy and Nemane, were left out.
    This ^^^^

One if the reasons supporters have given up on these competitions is the clubs tendency to field experimental line-ups. We could have competed last night with our best starting 11 but we fiddled around with fringe players and positions.

1 shot on target in 90 mins of open play.

Worth a listen as I feel he sums it up pretty well.

Last edited by countygump; 09-08-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^

Yeah I was expecting a stronger starting lineup given Saturday’s result. I suppose we’ve established that Austin and TAR aren’t wingers, but most of us probably knew that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah I was expecting a stronger starting lineup given Saturday’s result. I suppose we’ve established that Austin and TAR aren’t wingers, but most of us probably knew that anyway.
    It's pretty easy to work out why we only had 1 shot on goal? I mean, Luke in his PM was adamant he wanted to win the tie, but then he fields a team who have very little chance of doing that against a more than competent L1 side. I really don't understand it? Give us half a chance Lukey...

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast