+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Lincoln City 08.08.23 [EFLC R1]

When was the last time we had two players sent off in the first two games of a season?

I guess the initial unsettling thing is that we appear to have believed our own hype. I cannot get how we thought for one minute that the defence was good enough for L2? Defence is THE first priority and everything should be built on those solid foundations. Of course it can all come good but I rather doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I get that. But even in those 4 games there were positives.
    So far there haven’t been any.
    There's only been 1 league game, are we seriously saying the manager and the squad from last year (which is virtually the same) have thrown in the towel or started playing a different way already or the jumps to high after getting 107 points?

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Didzy and Matty Palmer not even on the bench is strange when we could have named 2 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I guess the initial unsettling thing is that we appear to have believed our own hype. I cannot get how we thought for one minute that the defence was good enough for L2? Defence is THE first priority and everything should be built on those solid foundations. Of course it can all come good but I rather doubt it.
    The worst of it is , Lincoln are no great shakes, we are that bad.

accortding to commentary Cameron got away with a definite yellow

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    When was the last time we had two players sent off in the first two games of a season?
    I am sure upthemaggies will be along with the answer very soon!

Possession…. Notts 68%… Imps 32%
    Shots… Notts 1…. Imps 15
    On target… Notts 0…. Imps 7
    Corners… Notts 2…. Imps 3
    Last edited by GranthamPie; 08-08-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The worst of it is , Lincoln are no great shakes, we are that bad.
    Think i got lucky with having to miss this one, hopefully we turn up for Grimsby. Have to say as much as I like Baldwin as a player he certainly seems a bit of a liability at times with injury, couple of needless reds and by sounds of it coming back pre season out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Think i got lucky with having to miss this one, hopefully we turn up for Grimsby. Have to say as much as I like Baldwin as a player he certainly seems a bit of a liability at times with injury, couple of needless reds and by sounds of it coming back pre season out of shape.
    Stags looking dominant against Grimsby tonight…. Interesting Saturday ahead

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Seems the fans are the only ones who believed the defence needed strengthening. Our style of play is going to be leave us struggling against the teams in this league with the current defence.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast