+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bad news on injured trio via Paul Davis (Twitter)

We are back in that place again where if you give a comment which some perceive as negative you don’t understand or you are unrealistic.
    I think we all know what the constraints are it’s not that we want the club to spend ridiculous money it’s just that again we seem to be scrambling around with no clear plan.
    The communication from the club is shocking. Paul Davies imo just rolls out the usual narrative from the club.
    It doesn’t mean we don’t understand or appreciate the financial position.
    We’ve chased a 37 year old striker who doesn’t want to come. I can’t believe there are more sensible targets than this.
    The happy clappers shoot you down if you dare to give an opinion that is not all positive.
    Maybe sometimes the negative comments have some substance and that doesn’t mean everything is broken it’s just about the current situation as it is right now.

It’s the ones that shoot you down or just just put a comment name calling that don’t bother to discuss that piss me off

Discuss it instead then maybe the ‘negatively’ might be less

Post 59 comment is no surprise.

On football heaven (I don’t listen to it, just catch what they put on twitter X ) MT says they’ve, including the chairman gone above and behind.

Maybe communicate on your on web pages to your fans might help the negativity instead of us having to go through other channels which some don’t want to do.

Obviously football heaven and other media look at what fans are saying and putting the questions to them, shame our own media can’t do that
    Last edited by millertop; 11-08-2023 at 07:34 AM.

Exactly MT its just opinions.

Most know I go to away games with Pocket and Yak 2 totally different views one is a happy clapper the other is just well, angry when we lose 😊.
    Coming home from Stoke was fun.
    We all disagree all the time come next game we all support again.
    There are wind up posts on here but most are just reacting to where we are at that point. It could all look different again in a few weeks and if so I think everyone will acknowledge that.
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s the ones that shoot you down or just just put a comment name calling that don’t bother to discuss that piss me off

Discuss it instead then maybe the ‘negatively’ might be less

Post 59 comment is no surprise.

On football heaven (I don’t listen to it, just catch what they put on twitter X ) MT says they’ve, including the chairman gone above and behind.

Maybe communicate on your on web pages to your fans might help the negativity instead of us having to go through other channels which some don’t want to do.

Obviously football heaven and other media look at what fans are saying and putting the questions to them, shame our own media can’t do that
    I think the best thing to do is not take any comments like that too personally - It is a fact that some people are thick and some a very intelligent in society as a whole. It isn't exclusive to Rotherham fans.
    If someone wants to make a positive comment in relation to a thread with a lot of negativity, they are never going to change anyone's opinion but it is good to have some balance an alternative views other wise we just have an echo chamber.

Feel free to express your opinion either way. If someone disagrees with it, so what? If it is backed up with some context nobody is more right or wrong than the other.

When Big Bad Hugill powers in a header, last minute on Saturday no one will give a feck about owt else in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    We are back in that place again where if you give a comment which some perceive as negative you don’t understand or you are unrealistic.
    I think we all know what the constraints are it’s not that we want the club to spend ridiculous money it’s just that again we seem to be scrambling around with no clear plan.
    The communication from the club is shocking. Paul Davies imo just rolls out the usual narrative from the club.
    It doesn’t mean we don’t understand or appreciate the financial position.
    We’ve chased a 37 year old striker who doesn’t want to come. I can’t believe there are more sensible targets than this.
    The happy clappers shoot you down if you dare to give an opinion that is not all positive.
    Maybe sometimes the negative comments have some substance and that doesn’t mean everything is broken it’s just about the current situation as it is right now.
    I think there is a plan botn it’s just it isn’t in place as quickly as we’d like
    We’ve tried to recruit, some of it has been successful, most of it hasn’t
    We’ve still got offers out, presumably for loan players , free agents and perms and hopefully one or two will drop
    I’m not sure we’ve been chasing Billy Blunt in recent weeks it’s just we’ve left an offer on the table knowing it’s now very unlikely he’s going to join us.
    Everyone wants strikers so competition is fierce hence why we’ve only got Andre Green. Perhaps that’s an example though of a plan B to Billy Wizz and a good one on paper

The Christ T situation is unacceptable. Surely the Home Office already know all about him from his loan at Wigan. I don’t see why a loan vs perm is causing so much inertia

By the time the Christ situation is resolved he’ll be moving to another club

So now MT is saying we can’t afford to send anymore out on loan at this moment.

Via Paul Davis it was a different story, maybe some confusion or MT changed his mind for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I think there is a plan botn it’s just it isn’t in place as quickly as we’d like
    We’ve tried to recruit, some of it has been successful, most of it hasn’t
    We’ve still got offers out, presumably for loan players , free agents and perms and hopefully one or two will drop
    I’m not sure we’ve been chasing Billy Blunt in recent weeks it’s just we’ve left an offer on the table knowing it’s now very unlikely he’s going to join us.
    Everyone wants strikers so competition is fierce hence why we’ve only got Andre Green. Perhaps that’s an example though of a plan B to Billy Wizz and a good one on paper

The Christ T situation is unacceptable. Surely the Home Office already know all about him from his loan at Wigan. I don’t see why a loan vs perm is causing so much inertia
    Will be glad when the window is shut. We know where we are then.
    You make some valid points flour.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    By the time the Christ situation is resolved he’ll be moving to another club
    It's usually Good Friday or Easter
    Last edited by CAMiller; 11-08-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant View Post
    I think the best thing to do is not take any comments like that too personally - It is a fact that some people are thick and some a very intelligent in society as a whole. It isn't exclusive to Rotherham fans.
    If someone wants to make a positive comment in relation to a thread with a lot of negativity, they are never going to change anyone's opinion but it is good to have some balance an alternative views other wise we just have an echo chamber.

Feel free to express your opinion either way. If someone disagrees with it, so what? If it is backed up with some context nobody is more right or wrong than the other.

When Big Bad Hugill powers in a header, last minute on Saturday no one will give a feck about owt else in that moment.
    Good post Scum

Sounds like MT is aware that there are no immediate incomings, so is keeping the fringe players from going on loan yet. Kioso was a strange decision though.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678