+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long To Acclimatise?

How long to acclimatise? More than one game I would suggest. I understand the disappointment after Saturday's performance, but I am suprised that people have not taken into account, the opposition, and the team we put out last night, last night. As I have said previously, although still early, this Saturday coming, if we manage to keep 11 men on the pitch, will give us a better idea where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Little point in having one of the best midfields in the league (on paper at least) if they can’t get over the halfway line.

Recruitment in pre season has been abysmal… no other way of putting it. Our defence needed reinforcing and yet again… it didnt happened.
    We seemed to be content with renewing contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I've been thinking over our dreadful start to the season. An idea suddenly occurred to me which none of us seem to have even contemplated...

Perhaps we are simply playing SHYTE. Even the best teams go through bad spells, and then come out of them. This bad spell just happens to have coincided with the start of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Little point in having one of the best midfields in the league (on paper at least) if they can’t get over the halfway line.

Recruitment in pre season has been abysmal… no other way of putting it. Our defence needed reinforcing and yet again… it didnt happened.
    Why’s it been abysmal? I do believe Notts are after a decent defender but haven’t managed it yet, there’s no point rushing getting someone who’s no better than what we have.
    It’s a waiting game sometimes as they will have some targets that clubs won’t let go until they get new ones in.
    Debrahs a strange one, gone nowhere and now Halifax manager says he would welcome back, I suspect there’s some injury/medical issue going on.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Would you have wanted the club to release Slocombe, JOB, Rawlinson, not signed Jodi Jones, let Cameron and Nemane leave and sold Macca?

So basically rip up the team that got us promoted, spend the budget on seven other players of similar abilities who had never played together before. Wrexham didn't do that and we didn't need to.

Tearing apart squads every season or two is what got us to the National League in the first place. As I've said on another thread it cannot be underestimated players having played together for a season or more, and having a good dressing room especially one that was so good last season.

To answer the o/p you've got to give it ten games, or dare I say half a season. If we are in trouble at Christmas then bring in reinforcements in January. Also the transfer window is open for a few more weeks anyway so still time for things to happen.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 09-08-2023 at 10:26 PM.

I think the answer is no time to acclimatise - get on with it!

And again, dramas & melting 🫠 down after one league game. If we win on Saturday there will be no one on here.

Really good comparison at the start of this thread should give comfort and hope our players and staff have more fibre than we do on here. Be good to see a few games with 11 v 11 for 90 mins. I also think the likely longer games should suit our exhaustion style. COYSP.

It's way too early to judge at this point so I am not going to. That said, we need points on the board ASAP otherwise the pressure will build on the manager and the squad and will change the fan dynamic massively. We have seen first hand that would be counter-productive in lots of ways. A toxic ML is a very bad place to be for all concerned.

The next few games are

Grimsby H
    Morecambe A
    Doncaster A
    Tranmere H
    Accrington H

If we have failed to get a points tally that pulls up away from the bottom two after these 5 I might start to worry. Until then it's a case of don't panic IMO.

I'm not sure I have it in me to stomach another relegation battle, we are too much of a well run club for that. Most clubs that finish 23rd or 24th are either in complete disarray (as we were under Hardy) or struggle to get a home attendance of much more than 2k, neither of these describe Notts this season. I am remaining positive and I suggest we all do and make some noise - the players are going to need us to play our part us way more than they did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    And again, dramas & melting 🫠 down after one league game. If we win on Saturday there will be no one on here.
    Not the smartest move to talk about "drama & melting down" and then say "If we win on Saturday there will be no one on here".

Win, lose or draw I'll be on here, and I don't think I'll be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not the smartest move to talk about "drama & melting down" and then say "If we win on Saturday there will be no one on here".

Win, lose or draw I'll be on here, and I don't think I'll be alone.
    Good point, you are always here and have balanced comments - not meant literally just a quieter board when we win as we (thankfully) often saw last year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast