+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How Long To Acclimatise?

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    I agree in that I think the issue is with the guidance more than the individual referee, but for me, it's a very low bar for a yellow card and being halfway to being sent off.
    It is a low bar, but only because blatant time wasting has been allowed to flourish unpunished for so long. A 'low bar' yellow being halfway to a red is my main concern. I agree with the new rules in principle, I've never understood why when a free kick is awarded an opposition player should be allowed to take the ball away from where the offence was committed (Palmer). I've never understood why a goalkeeper would need a drink when the ball is there for a goal kick (Stone). Would Stone have needed that drink if we were a goal behind? The point is that if it's suddenly a low bar, we should make sure we stay on the right side of it. Today we picked up 4 needless yellow cards.

I think that is a very good idea in theory, to give the ball to the opposition rather than book the original throw in taker, but this would probably waste even more time. I am sure AN never deliberately wastes time when taking a throw in, but struggles to find a player who is not liable to lose possession straight away. I think a more radical answer to possible time wasting at throw in's is to make them 'kick in's', which would make it easier to find a team mate, due to the extended range available. Sorry for going off thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think that is a very good idea in theory, to give the ball to the opposition rather than book the original throw in taker, but this would probably waste even more time. I am sure AN never deliberately wastes time when taking a throw in, but struggles to find a player who is not liable to lose possession straight away. I think a more radical answer to possible time wasting at throw in's is to make them 'kick in's', which would make it easier to find a team mate, due to the extended range available. Sorry for going off thread again.
    I don't think you have gone off thread. We need to acclimatise not only to a new division, but also to new rules / laws / guidance. If we don't, suspensions and playing with 10 men will be commonplace.

Like added time, yellow cards this season will be a lot more than we have seen previously. So let's be smart and avoid them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345