+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selection dilemmas for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think we need to stick with the 3-5-2 that brought us success last year but seriously up the intensity. I’d go for:

Slocombe
    Tipton, Cameron, Chicksen
    Nemane, Crowley, Palmer, Bostock, Jones
    McGoldrick, Langstaff

Not very confident with the back three, but there aren’t that many other options (Rawlinson - maybe, Brindley - not on present form) and we’re only going to find out if Tipton can handle L2 by giving him game time.

Sounds about right, other than I’d have Stone in goal. As everyone knows, big concerns about the defence, Cameron has been pretty poor in the first two games. He should be worrying about his place, but he’s still a shoe in currently!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's interesting that a couple have put Cameron in the centre.
    It's not his best position, but the extra responsibility might get him going... and wide in the 3 exposes you to a lot.
    I can't see it happening though

Jones being given another go at wing-back? I struggle to see that as well. His was the performance last Saturday that screamed get me out of here.
    I thought Cameron was actually better on Tuesday night centrally in a back 3 once Baldwin had been sent off.
    It's a difficult one if we play a 3 we have more attacking threat but more vulnerable defensively and if we play a 4 we are better defensively but don't carry as much attacking threat as the main attacking is the two wingers who are often double marked

I would probably go for the 3 relying on Tipton and Chicksen being better defenders than Brindley and Rawlinson and Cameron being a better central pivot that doesn't have to go as far forward as he does when he's left side as he struggles to get back.
    Probably start with JOB over Crowley to keep us a bit more solid to start with(although that didn't work last week and JOB was hauled off because of circumstances)

Play McGoldrick as a centre half. Who knows, he might be a revelation.

Jim in goal ? then if he gets sent off we will have two keepers on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I would probably go for the 3 relying on Tipton and Chicksen being better defenders than Brindley and Rawlinson and Cameron being a better central pivot that doesn't have to go as far forward as he does when he's left side as he struggles to get back.
    Tipton seems to be getting a lot of support to start. Going to be a tough call for LW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12