+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigues vs Didsy

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It took a fair amount of time, and a change of manager, for us to truly see the best of Ruben. Not really surprising when he’s moved countries. Time is one thing we haven’t got with McGoldrick, and he did look last Saturday like he’d just been plonked into the side without really knowing how he fits in, so I thought he might feature a bit on Tuesday.

People keep telling me what a good player he is(I’ve never really seen it myself) so hopefully he’ll look a bit more like part of the furniture tomorrow.
    I think McGoldrick will be a real asset, some of his touches in the pre-season games were next level. Forget Sutton, playing the vast majority of the game with 10 men is hardly an ideal place to judge. I loved Ruben and what he offered, but let's not pretend he was an all-action midfielder. Despite being at the peak age to do so, it took him most of his first season to be able to manage 90 minutes. He produced several moments of magic, but consistency was never his strong point. Take his last two games, in the play off semi against Boreham Wood he was woeful, and he was way short of his best at Wembley. I would have loved him to have stayed, but it's way to early to answer the question in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Once he get's settled, I think we'll soon see how the Crowley flies.
    Due north up the table thus far.

I think after today the comparison is between, Crowley and Rodrigues. Purely based on today's game, I would say Crowley is a fair bit better, covers as much ground and has a better touch. On very little evidence his temperament seems more level headed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think after today the comparison is between, Crowley and Rodrigues. Purely based on today's game, I would say Crowley is a fair bit better, covers as much ground and has a better touch. On very little evidence his temperament seems more level headed too.
    Far too early to know for sure but the signs are he’s going to fit in this team very nicely, I was extremely impressed with him.
    As for Mcgoldrick I don’t think we can assess too much yet but my assumption is he will have a very good season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I completely agree. I thought Crowley was MOM as he really good today and very creative and skillful in possession. Some of his turning around on the ball was class. He also worked hard out of possession as well. Glad he scored a goal it was well deserved. Really looking forward to see how he grows into this team but the potential is certainly there.

As for DMG absolute class as well and technically really good.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree. I thought Crowley was MOM as he really good today and very creative and skillful in possession. Some of his turning around on the ball was class. He also worked hard out of possession as well. Glad he scored a goal it was well deserved. Really looking forward to see how he grows into this team but the potential is certainly there.

As for DMG absolute class as well and technically really good.
    Crowley was very exciting today. JJ's jink and dance for DC's goal was pretty sublime too. Both in the same team + Nemane, who was running them ragged most of today, augers very nicely ... We're a small side, as has been discussed, but that might not matter too much if we're quick and skilfull enogh.

I must be missing things with Didzy as I can't see what he's brought so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    I must be missing things with Didzy as I can't see what he's brought so far.
    My prediction is that you will see it as the season progresses.

Crowley was signed as Ruben's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Crowley was signed as Ruben's replacement
    He certainly looked the part. Impressed with his deep crosses into the box...

Very pleased with Dan Crowley today, he started off a little "fumbly" in the first 20, he then improved finishing with a performance that was truly class. That nutmeg from JJ was out of the top drawer with a great goal from DC.
    I was perhaps wrong with the comparison of Ruben vs Didsy, It's DC in the comparison & the nutmeg from JJ matches Ruben's against Wrexham.
    Great performance and great day today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast