+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodrigues vs Didsy

Rodrigues vs Didsy

Hello
    How will it shape up in the comparison of what we have lost vs what we have gained?.
    I think that all of our chins dropped when Oxford signed him with the upside being McGoldrick joining us,maybe it would have been a better fit if we could have kept Ruben,we will never know, he took to Notts so i think an affinity will always be there with us.
    He may just regret it with the managerial change, just cannot see Oxford doing so well this season, 5-1 defeat on Wednesday and on the bench, best of luck for the future Da Rocha.

Rubes may regret his move or he may not, who knows?

He was a good player for us and served us well and certainly deserved to leave with our best wishes. Best of luck to the lad.

Yeah, not really interested in this direct comparison.

I've been following the Oxford boards and games and it's clear RR will quickly drop into the role he had here - the guy that creates 80% of stuff in the final third but gets blamed by the fans who don't see that, because he screws up sometimes and has a quiet half, or hour, quite a bit. It could go both ways, but that's the risk he took.
    If they're smart, they'll persevere with him as much as possible, because his elite skill (creative passing) could net them a big sell-on fee.

I don't think you can compare the 2 but Ruben is a massive loss for me. Scored goals and got assists, especially good at threading ball for Macca. Also he had that bit of star power, he could beat a couple of men and open something up and also took away attention of the opposition. I don't think they're in the same mold though so it's hard to have a direct comparison. Losing Ruben though has certainly made us weaker than I initially thought it would.

He was an unknown player when he came to us,we saw he was a little special & took to him, that made him feel welcome & the bond grew, he was ours not a loanee,I think we have seen the best of Ruben, last seasons team was made for him, he was a key, bet he misses LW more than we know.
    But didsy is a great player and it fills the big gap..... to a degree.

It took a fair amount of time, and a change of manager, for us to truly see the best of Ruben. Not really surprising when he’s moved countries. Time is one thing we haven’t got with McGoldrick, and he did look last Saturday like he’d just been plonked into the side without really knowing how he fits in, so I thought he might feature a bit on Tuesday.

People keep telling me what a good player he is(I’ve never really seen it myself) so hopefully he’ll look a bit more like part of the furniture tomorrow.

I don't think that there can be a comparison drawn between Ruben and McGoldrick as others have said but do agree about the comments that we miss Ruben at the moment. Ruben was a integral part of the teams creativity so it's now over to others to step up and fill the void he has left.

It might only be one player but Ruben was a key player as the goals and assists show. He flourished under Burchnall and became a star under LW.

There is no denying that we have attacking players like McGoldrick and Langstaff that any League Two team would want. What we've got to do is learn how to integrate them and give them the chances that Ruben created. Austin, Jones, Crowley, and Bostock are key to this. Again we've got to get Crowley integrated into the team as well.

This is where when I've been saying on other threads we may need some time to find our feet and make the transition. Once McGoldrick and Crowley settle into the system like Bostock and Jones there is no reason they can't flourish as well. Again all about being patient.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I don't think that there can be a comparison drawn between Ruben and McGoldrick as others have said but do agree about the comments that we miss Ruben at the moment. Ruben was a integral part of the teams creativity so it's now over to others to step up and fill the void he has left.

It might only be one player but Ruben was a key player as the goals and assists show. He flourished under Burchnall and became a star under LW.

There is no denying that we have attacking players like McGoldrick and Langstaff that any League Two team would want. What we've got to do is learn how to integrate them and give them the chances that Ruben created. Austin, Jones, Crowley, and Bostock are key to this. Again we've got to get Crowley integrated into the team as well.

This is where when I've been saying on other threads we may need some time to find our feet and make the transition. Once McGoldrick and Crowley settle into the system like Bostock and Jones there is no reason they can't flourish as well. Again all about being patient.
    Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing how Crowley fits into the team and watching him develop. I thought I saw a fair bit of potential against Lincoln - though too often he'd do something skilful only to fluff something basic. Hopefully, once he's settled into the team a bit more, and built a bit of confidence, he can be provide creativity and threat. He seems a live wire.

You cant compare them, Ruben was an energetic midfield player who could make things happen for others, aswell as scoring a few goals.
    McGoldrick is primarily a forward player whose days of being energetic are long gone, but he is still capable of scoring a few goals. I know who i would prefer... Although i do subscribe to the donkey sanctuary...

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing how Crowley fits into the team and watching him develop. I thought I saw a fair bit of potential against Lincoln - though too often he'd do something skilful only to fluff something basic. Hopefully, once he's settled into the team a bit more, and built a bit of confidence, he can be provide creativity and threat. He seems a live wire.
    Once he get's settled, I think we'll soon see how the Crowley flies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast