+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Bring back Ken booth at least we knew where we stood. He also saved the club and got us to stay in the championship on no promises.
    We definitely need to get Christ signed up to assist with that request

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm not sure why you have this obsession about what I think about Paul Warne.
    Personally I was quite happy when he left because I considered he had taken us as far as he could and I thought we needed a change, and possibly a new outlook.
    I won't be surprised if Derby quickly lose patience with Warne if things don't pick up there.
    My concern is that this is MT's second transfer window and, at this stage of the new season, it seems to me that our squad is no stronger (arguably its weaker) than the one he inherited.
    Apparently he's had better financial backing than any previous manager so in my opinion he needs to get off to a good start or the natives will soon get restless.
    Obsessed 😂😂 no mellow I just feel that Warne got some stick when he left I was part of that giving him stick. I feel just my opinion that some on here haven’t forgot this and if MT doesn’t perform they quickly remind some of us. It’s ok by the way it’s all opinions and I can read undertones in what some people post.
    Personally I understand it and I admire loyalty it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney's gone! We're stronger. Take Eaves Bola etc... with him be even more so.
    Do you think the squad is stronger?

Do you think the squad is stronger?

Not at the moment. See end of this transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Obsessed 😂😂 no mellow I just feel that Warne got some stick when he left I was part of that giving him stick. I feel just my opinion that some on here haven’t forgot this and if MT doesn’t perform they quickly remind some of us. It’s ok by the way it’s all opinions and I can read undertones in what some people post.
    Personally I understand it and I admire loyalty it’s all good.
    Win tomorrow and things will look a bit better.
    Lose tomorrow and this board plus all the other social media outlets will explode.
    I think people generally agree that MT has been quite well backed financially (January transfer window, training facilities, this transfer window) and TS has "bigged him up." That brings its own pressures and may even create unreasonable expectations amongst some of our supporters.
    I always want whoever is in the hot seat to succeed (why would anyone want anything different?) and MT talks a good game. It's up to him now to prove he can improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not at the moment. See end of this transfer window.
    That's the point though, I'm comparing this squad to the one we had at the same stage last season.
    We need to get points on the board early or it could be a long season of struggle.

Win tomorrow and things will look a bit better.
    Lose tomorrow and this board plus all the other social media outlets will explode.
    I think people generally agree that MT has been quite well backed financially (January transfer window, training facilities, this transfer window) and TS has "bigged him up." That brings its own pressures and may even create unreasonable expectations amongst some of our supporters.
    I always want whoever is in the hot seat to succeed (why would anyone want anything different?) and MT talks a good game. It's up to him now to prove he can improve things.
    Yep he’s been backed. I agree.
    We’ve got some good experienced players now.
    I think we’re stronger and a couple more signings I think we will get stronger as we progress.
    Enjoying the debate if we’re stronger or not. 👍🏻👍🏻

Last season our team for the first game at home against Swansea was:

Johansson
    Harding Hall Wood Humphreys Ferguson
    Ogbene Wiles Barlaser Lindsay
    Washington
    Things to consider.
    Johansson is 12 month old so should have learned and be stronger. (Yes Stronger)

Harding -dexter. Dexter will be a brilliant addition though his young age will have some inconsistency (no weaker)

Hall is (getting older) so could be more susceptible to injury. (No weaker)

Wood has gone and replaced by Morrison. Not seen anything to suggest Morrison is better than wood though wood is less injury prone. (No weaker)

Humphreys. Had 12 month learning about the champ (yes stronger)

Fergy. Older, strange injury. (no weaker)

Ogbene - no replacement yet. Fred not in the same class,

Wiles. A year older though coming back from injury so tough one. Hopefully (yes stronger)

Barlaser -cafu. Jury is out on this one as I've not seen enough from cafu though I have a feeling he will become a millers legend this season (jury out)

Linsey-rathbone. Linsey is not a patch on rathbone though Linsey has a place in our squad.
    (Yes stronger)

Washington- hugill wash work rate was more intense than hugill though you never got the feeling Washington was going to score. Give hugill a stroke partner and he could hit 12-15 goals a season. (Yes stronger)

Something that did stand out about last season was balance. Last season's squad had the perfect 442 players for the role

If we can get
    Victor
    Dexter Humphreys blackett (hall) fergy
    Wiles rathbone cafu bramhall
    Green hugill
    On the pitch we would have a good chance

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    No.

In goal yes but this is the weakest squad we've started a league season with since 2012.

There are some proper stars in the team in the viking and Rathbone, maybe Kelly but that's it now.

When we first came up our star signing was Matt Derbyshire. He was a proven championship player with a great record and contributed plenty.

Our up front signing this year? Andre Green, a prospect who is no longer a prospect and came all the way from Eastern European football to us. Oh and is instantly injured.
    I see where you're coming from with what you say but I have a feeling that Green will do really well for us. I believe he'll be one of those gem finds that Scotty and co keep discovering.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Things to consider.
    Johansson is 12 month old so should have learned and be stronger. (Yes Stronger)

Harding -dexter. Dexter will be a brilliant addition though his young age will have some inconsistency (no weaker)

Hall is (getting older) so could be more susceptible to injury. (No weaker)

Wood has gone and replaced by Morrison. Not seen anything to suggest Morrison is better than wood though wood is less injury prone. (No weaker)

Humphreys. Had 12 month learning about the champ (yes stronger)

Fergy. Older, strange injury. (no weaker)

Ogbene - no replacement yet. Fred not in the same class,

Wiles. A year older though coming back from injury so tough one. Hopefully (yes stronger)

Barlaser -cafu. Jury is out on this one as I've not seen enough from cafu though I have a feeling he will become a millers legend this season (jury out)

Linsey-rathbone. Linsey is not a patch on rathbone though Linsey has a place in our squad.
    (Yes stronger)

Washington- hugill wash work rate was more intense than hugill though you never got the feeling Washington was going to score. Give hugill a stroke partner and he could hit 12-15 goals a season. (Yes stronger)

Something that did stand out about last season was balance. Last season's squad had the perfect 442 players for the role

If we can get
    Victor
    Dexter Humphreys blackett (hall) fergy
    Wiles rathbone cafu bramhall
    Green hugill
    On the pitch we would have a good chance

No no! can't play 4-4-2 fergy he's gone. Bramall not in the starting line up for me. Green a maybe but sooner there be a definite starter up front.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast