+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VM Fantasy League 2023/2024 ⚽️⚽️

VM Fantasy League 2023/2024 ⚽️⚽️

At the cut off time of 6.30pm there where 15 teams registered.

Winnie is keeping the portal open till after the completion of Gameweek 1 giving Nuc, Gornal and David time to enter a team. Perhaps Uncle P could have a word in David’s ear.👂 😜

Our confirmed participants :-

Winnie’s Warriors - Winnie.

Bongo United - Bongo.

Cubist Masterpiece - Picasso.

Don’t Stop Me Pau - Sam.

Harribos Fangtastics - Harry.

Injury Prone 2nd Xl - Yubby.

Moseley Villa - BB.

Dazzyo Army - Dazzy.

Team Emi - Liam.

Aztec Villa - Iwuz.

Kirkley Krusaders - Jesh.

Aston Lilla - HJ.

Oztan Villa - Oz.

TD Lions - TD.

T’Pau - Rosie.

Good luck to all our managers for the coming season and may the best manager win. 🤪😝

Hope that’s not the ladder at the end. Good luck everyone.

Oh I think that being the ladder at the end would be perfect, Oz! Apart from Rosie, who modestly put herself at the bottom - she should have been listed 2nd as that's when she joined the League.

Really pleased to see Nuc has re-joined! Looks like he just made it! I'l keep it open until the end of this gw in case Gornal or David still want to join ...

Not liking the look of the ladder of today with Yubby at the top though! Hopefully that will be righted very soon!

Good luck everyone

⚽️🇺🇦 Week 1 🇺🇦⚽️

A big welcome back to our intrepid managers who have emerged from their closed season slumbers all bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to face the arduous road ahead to become the ultimate legend and have greatness bestowed on them by winning VM Fantasy Football League 2023/2024.😛😜

Fantasy League up to 16 teams with Nuc and Away In Ha Ha Land slipping through the portal in time for gameweek 1.

Just asking but does anyone struggling with Differentials, 😱Optimised Squads 😱 and having difficulty keeping under £100m admit to watching those Fantasy Football podcasts on YouTube? 🤪😜 I only ask this question as a fair few of our managers have picked the same randoms (Bongo’s word) on the bench 😜🤪😛

CAPTAIN WATCH

5 players given the armband but as ever Erling the Great was the managers pick with 11 votes.

1. Haarland 26 points - Rosie, HJ, Jesh, Iwuz, Liam, BB, Yubby, Harry, Sam, Winnie and Nuc.

2. Saka 20 points - Oz and Picasso.

3. Salah/Watkins 10 points - Bongo and Dazzy.

5. Fernandes 6 points - TD.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Yubby and Injury Prone 2nd Xl with 86 sparkling points are extremely honoured as Winnie has graciously agreed to present the cup to our first winner of the season. 👏👏👏

Runner up HJ and Aston Lilla with 83 points. 👏👏

TOP 6 🏆

1. Injury Prone 2nd Xl.

2. Aston Lilla.

3. Joint Winnie’s Warriors and Kirkley Krusaders.

5.Harribos Fangtastics.

6. T’Pau.

Yubby top Alpha leading the pack after week 1. 👏

HJ only 3 points adrift in 2nd. 😛

Winnie and Jesh having a tussle in joint 3rd.😋

Harry looking if he is back on form in 5th. 🤪

Rosie in 6th sandwiched between 2 Hubball’s Harry 5th and Sam 7th. 😝

RELEGATION 💩

14. Joint Aztec Villa and Dazzyo Army.

16. TD Lions. 🦁

Iwuz, Dazzy and TD early days no need to press the panic button.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK 🤡

It’s a gameweek 1 Drongo for TD and his Lions. 🤬😡

Gameweek 2

Friday 18th August.

Team sheets in by 6.15pm.

You will notice there is only 9 fixtures with Luton v Burnley postponed.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 15-08-2023 at 05:47 PM.

A stupendous report to start the season, Rosie! Thank you so much!

Ok. Now, here's the difficult bit. Sighs loudly ... Here you go Yubby. It's yours this week. You got lucky. Don't get too attached to the Cup as I'm taking it back off you next week. I'll enjoy that bit.

Rosie, I graciously handed the Manager of the Week Cup to Yubby!

Going against Harland didn't pay off this week, but could well next week for those with Liverpool players, esp Salah. I will be hiding behind the sofa during the Liverpool game! I was toing and froing between a Salah and non Salah draft pre season but it came down to wanting to be able to play Watkins without compromising my team too much. FPL is always more enjoyable when a Villa player does well and I loved having Watkins and Mings in my team at the end of last season. Get well soon Mings. Let's hope it's onwards and upwards for Villa and those with Villa players! I must admit, I thought everyone would have Diaby!

Rosie, I must admit I found it easier to choose this year and last year due to number of quality £8 million midfielders. Sam knows I like my 5 midfielders! It does make it a bit more samey samey predictable though. In some ways I preferred it when it was harder to pick as we all had more varied teams ...

I like reading The Scout articles and watching the video clips. They used to do an FPL show which I liked watching but don't seem to do it any more. I do go a bit glassy eyed with stats though! Yawn. Have a look at the clip of Salah saying he's overpriced and he captains himself every week ha ha! I'm a bit of a meany tight wad with bench players at the start of the season so usually have a bit of a weak bench to start. I usually choose mine from newly promoted teams as I hope it means they have a chance of starting! Apart from Turner, who I transferred in when he moved to Nottingham Forest, as I'm imagining a lot did - a no brainer really.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this week. Yubby, don't get too attached to your Cup!

12mil Harry Kane made all the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    12mil Harry Kane made all the difference...

Relegation battle already 😳🤣

Cheers Rosie 👍

Well done Yubs

I Watch fpl mate, let's talk fpl mainly. Yes I'm a nerd. It's important to get a cheap playing bench and if it wasn't for watching them I wouldn't have a clue. If I didn't do so many transfers I would probably be one of the best managers in the world.

Awesome report Rosie.

I rushed my team in at the last minute well, that's my excuse. I'm in no worse position than Villa!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)