+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Grimsby Town. 12.08.23 [EFL L2]

13,000 for a league 2 is fantastic support considering some of us are still on holiday

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Sorry Grimsby Steve and speaking as a fellow “yellow belly”, you’re in for a long hard season on that performance.
    I didn't see it that way, I thought Grimsby played well but we played a bit better.

Hard to judge because we're new to this level, but today was way better than what I saw last time we were here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't see it that way, I thought Grimsby played well but we played a bit better.

Hard to judge because we're new to this level, but today was way better than what I saw last time we were here.
    Yup, early days but defensively, Grimsby were shocking… they allowed Nemane and Crowley to attack with impunity. I thought that they had the measure on Jones on the left… other than that mega nutmeg for the third.

I sincerely hope that they find their feet… always had a soft spot for them.

Doesnt work as well as the Notts Benny hill one from the playoffs but seeing as it was requested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-z...ew?usp=sharing

I might redo it when i get footage of Notts conceding.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Yup, early days but defensively, Grimsby were shocking… they allowed Nemane and Crowley to attack with impunity. I thought that they had the measure on Jones on the left… other than that mega nutmeg for the third.

I sincerely hope that they find their feet… always had a soft spot for them.
    Goals;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1690459675660091392

You won't play many teams as good at football . A very good football team, as we already know .

I thought Nemane was superb and countered Glennons attacking ability so much that he was withdrawn .

Enjoyed the day and spoke to a good few of your fans- a credit to your club and I did not witness any problems , that away ticket i bought actually put me in a bit of a mess as I got wet at the front of your side stand , but it enjoyable

I missed our goal and the last 10 minutes because i needed to go to the train station to get to Birmingham ,it's 110 minute games now to adapt to which is strange and can put a few people out like me .

Good luck for the season and thanks to lots of lovely notts fans for entertaining me .

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsbySteve View Post
    You won't play many teams as good at football . A very good football team, as we already know .

I thought Nemane was superb and countered Glennons attacking ability so much that he was withdrawn .

Enjoyed the day and spoke to a good few of your fans- a credit to your club and I did not witness any problems , that away ticket i bought actually put me in a bit of a mess as I got wet at the front of your side stand , but it enjoyable

I missed our goal and the last 10 minutes because i needed to go to the train station to get to Birmingham ,it's 110 minute games now to adapt to which is strange and can put a few people out like me .

Good luck for the season and thanks to lots of lovely notts fans for entertaining me .

Steve
    Good luck to you as well Steve, by the reports of everyone then seemed like a good game today. Glad you enjoyed your time at the Lane and you're right about the trains, I'm off to Doncaster away next week but hope it's not a tight train time as no chance anymore! All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Good luck to you as well Steve, by the reports of everyone then seemed like a good game today. Glad you enjoyed your time at the Lane and you're right about the trains, I'm off to Doncaster away next week but hope it's not a tight train time as no chance anymore! All the best.
    Was a good day, me and my friends enjoyed the day, and had a few beers after, Come On Notts

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Jaw dropping skills on display, great crowd atmosphere and momentum - such a valuable x factor.

I dont remember such a situation before, possibly the munto illusion? There was a certainty about Big Sam's team, excitement from Warnock and Jimi knew about momentum but non accompanied by such a talent crammed attack. Long may it continue and glad they are 'back'.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

I had the pleasure of sitting in front of 2 guys slagging nemane, or neymar as they called him, off all match.
    Did they also keep calling Langstaff “Longstaff”? If so then I’ve had the pleasure of sitting in front of them before too… but it could be we have more than just 2 moaning fans who can’t pronounce players’ names!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast