+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Chuffin hell Frog..allus thought him a good ref? He has allus been crap but just plumbed new depths today cos he feels he has the freedom to interpret the game as he wants now, These idiots need to be brought to account they are ruining the game.
    He got a lot right before he should have been sectioned.
    Him letting the game flow after the penalty was the turning point for us and the way we started to boss the game.

Just my view roly from what I saw ont tv. I did shake my head quite a bit int second half 😂

The referee is either incompetent or a cheat which one is it.
    Our boys were excellent today they deserved better.
    Anyone who thinks we weren’t excellent today is on a wind up and needs to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    No way we should change that back four for the next game, they were very good and they can play a bit as well. I am a huge wiles fan but something isn't right with him, is it fear of the injury or something, he needs a rest and made to earn his place back, he is a good player but has lost his way at the moment. Same can be said for Morrison, he was a liability today when he came on. When MT says our young players are not good enough and only good enough for non-league loans it shows how poor the depth of the squad is, you have to feel for MT at the moment.
    Tried thinking of every excuse I can for him to explain his lack of form but I'm struggling with Wiles at the minute. Really struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Not sure of folks know. Matt Taylor has started to come into the lounge about 30 minutes before KO and brecks asks him questions relating to training, signings, players, ect
    He mentioned the saga about christ and it looks like the signing should be completed this week.. he also expects 3 players who were not available for today to be available for next week. Green, eaves and I can't think who the 3rd was. He's also expecting a decision on the 2 loan players from the prem league clubs. One a midfielder and a striker (could one be Coventry)

Never done hospitality ever but I did say Coventry midfielder earlier rumour he was returning was doing the rounds but if Tiehi will be eventually signing next week do we need him? Bramall I go on what I see last tues playing further forward his crossing was abysmal today playing at left back he had best game I've seen him play for us hope he can show some consistency playing there. Him & Blackett today with that ref way he was observing the new interpretation of the rules could have been in bother Bramall swiping out at an opponent, Blackett lost it 2nd half after a challenge Rathbone had to drag him away. Management team are going to have to explain to the players what they can't do now 2 sending offs in 1st 2 championship games this season with our small in numbers squad we can't afford for that to continue.

Just watched Blackburn youtuber saying that he was thankful they had the ref on their side today!

First of all the Ref today is a known 2hat. Why oh why did we give him the chance to flash the cards? It was pure naivety on our players part

They all know the new rules. Yes, Smodics should have been 2nd carded and sent off. Having seen Fred get a 2nd yellow for waving his invisible card to the Ref, Victor holds his arms out and does the same as Fred...........MT, bo,llock them all Monday, so stupid of them.
    It was, up to the Pantomine, a great show from the Millers, and gives us some hope. Just get some more bodies in. Teihi was walking about in the Lounge until they told him to go in the players lounge instead.
    What on earth as happened to Wiles? he was not interested at all, and if he was, he never got in the game. I know the right wing isnt his position but show some passion, stop walking about like a spoilt kid.
    Just watching the Football show, no one else gets sent off in our league, and the goal scorers don't run into the crowd.........MT, just sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    First of all the Ref today is a known 2hat. Why oh why did we give him the chance to flash the cards? It was pure naivety on our players part

They all know the new rules. Yes, Smodics should have been 2nd carded and sent off. Having seen Fred get a 2nd yellow for waving his invisible card to the Ref, Victor holds his arms out and does the same as Fred...........MT, bo,llock them all Monday, so stupid of them.
    It was, up to the Pantomine, a great show from the Millers, and gives us some hope. Just get some more bodies in. Teihi was walking about in the Lounge until they told him to go in the players lounge instead.
    What on earth as happened to Wiles? he was not interested at all, and if he was, he never got in the game. I know the right wing isnt his position but show some passion, stop walking about like a spoilt kid.
    Just watching the Football show, no one else gets sent off in our league, and the goal scorers don't run into the crowd.........MT, just sort it.
    I think this is the crux of the matter. We can moan all we like about anti-Rotherham bias and "What about xxx doing the same and getting away with it" but if you've been told "Don't wave an imaginary card at the ref. He can yellow card you" why do it? Especially with a character like Madley who seems to get a rush of blood to the head very easily. I know in the heat of the moment, it's not always easy for a player to think straight but, they are supposed to be professional...

This doesn't mean that I thought the sending off was fair. Far from it. Totally inappropriate for the circumstances. The point is that it didn't have to happen. It wasn't like a 50/50 tackle went against our player. He made a conscious decision to do something that - wrongly or rightly - is a yellow card offence. He needs to be *******ed for it.

Of course, if our players have NOT been told about the price to pay for this "offence" then the fault lies with the management. If THEY hadn't been told then I withdraw any criticism of RUFC. I suspect they do all know, though.

I'm assuming nobody will be foolish enough to do this again...

We played very well overall and it was a pleasure seeing our goals go in. Bramall and (especially in my opinion) Olly were immense.

soon as i saw it was Madeley I knew we would be down to 10

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post

What about the fact for there goal the ball wasn’t out. The linesman guessed and the referee was closer but still gave it.
    Is that MT or the players fault.
    I agree about Fred’s second yellow but we were robbed yesterday by inept/ corrupt officials.
    I agree about Wiles he’s stealing a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Of course, if our players have NOT been told about the price to pay for this "offence" then the fault lies with the management. If THEY hadn't been told then I withdraw any criticism of RUFC. I suspect they do all know, though.
    From the fact that a Newcastle player was carded for imaginary yellow waving, with the ref clearly explaining why to the surprised player, certainly indicates that there is a fresh policy on this for this year. It would be interesting to know what info was given to clubs, and from this, how it was passed onto the players. Certainly indicates a breakdown somewhere.

Of course in the same Newcastle game, the third goal scorer ran to the corner and actually embraced a fan on the perimeter and this was completely ignored by the ref, indicates that this policy doesn't seem to be being implemented very consistently!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast