+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

If a referee has form for card waving perhaps we need to adapt our play and responses accordingly? That might just strengthen our case for appeals

Their manager Tomasson complaining there should have been more time added for "all the time wasting".Where was that? What we should be asking is why they didn't finish up with ten men.He said the crucial point was the missed penalty,NO it was, without a doubt the red card that changed this match.

....and yes Jon Dahl your first goal came from a corner that should never have been because Victor saved it and clearly did not go out of play.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Their manager Tomasson complaining there should have been more time added for "all the time wasting".Where was that? What we should be asking is why they didn't finish up with ten men.He said the crucial point was the missed penalty,NO it was, without a doubt the red card that changed this match.
    Deflectionary tactic Bill
    He knows they would have lost had we stayed with XI players so it’s an excuse for his own deficiencies and infinitely bigger budget
    He’s not alone in this division

You would like to think that the team have already been briefed pre season about the clamping down of the rules this season, if that is so, then that was a totally stupid thing to do for his second yellow.

His first one though was uncalled for as tv playback clearly shows it was his team mates that propelled him forward into the crowd.

Saturday's gone can't change anything but encouraging what was on view for the season ahead. Tiehi in that's enough in midfield. Championship standard forward versatile defender priorities.

Inconsistency was the problem
    Szmodics was on a yellow when he kicked the ball away
    If the so called referee had administered the rules throughout the game properly then their goal scorer would not have heavily influenced the result

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Inconsistency was the problem
    Szmodics was on a yellow when he kicked the ball away
    If the so called referee had administered the rules throughout the game properly then their goal scorer would not have heavily influenced the result
    That bit you say about administering the rules properly flour is what I was getting at in my posting, if you are adhering to pedantic rules as a referee, which he was correct in doing so btw, then you have to do everything by the rule book which with Szmodics kicking the ball away whilst already on a yellow he failed to do so and cost us the game. UTM

The bottom line is, have any of these new rules made the game any better ?
    All that happens now is every game will last 110 minutes, and many more players will be getting booked and sent off, so yeah,great improvement .
    I really felt sorry for Taylor after the game, he got it spot on, these w*nkers are ruining the game.

I don't get why people are moaning about games lasting longer. How many fans left the game Saturday compared to other games that were drawing at 90 min. The excitement surrounding the controversy sending off made the game unbelievable that we're still talking about it days later.
    In these scenarios Reverse what happened and our fans would have been buzzing just like I presume Blackburn fans are.
    Whilst we're all passionate about our team. Entertainment is what it's about and unfortunately the ref is part of that entertainment...
    What I hope is refs show common sense on the time added on. If a team is winning 4.0 5.0 ect just stick a few minutes up.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast