+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

If we thought last weeks match was that 'one in a season' example of if anything could go wrong it did go wrong then maybe today illustrates that the new 'norm' will dictate that we can expect the same week in week out. Obviously a backs to the wall performance especially after the red card and no doubt lucky in the end to survive an onslaught (if BBC text is anything to go by as it was just a long list of Attempt Missed......by a Blackburn player). In the end we are off and running with our first point but should it have been 3?

Thoughts?

PS We are out of the bottom 3 with bottom 6 all being Yorkshire/NE teams
    Last edited by CAMiller; 12-08-2023 at 04:15 PM.

2-0 up and cruising, then the referee decided he wasn't having it.

The new rules will be applied consistantly of course ....to us !!

I can bet that in another game today that a scoring team as celebrated in just the same way and got no cards for it

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If we thought last weeks match was that 'one in a season' example of if anything could go wrong it did go wrong then maybe today illustrates that the new 'norm' will dictate that we can expect the same week in week out. Obviously a backs to the wall performance especially after the red card and no doubt lucky in the end to survive an onslaught (if BBC text is anything to go by as it was just a long list of Attempt Missed......by a Blackburn player). In the end we are off and running with our first point but should it have been 3?

Thoughts?

PS We are out of the bottom 3
    Absolutely disgusted, on a few levels.

Disgusted by the booking for celebrating scoring, absolutely despicable and I can’t even work out what the problem was.

Disgusted by the further application of the new rules. How many times in the past have we heard commentators say (after a bad foul too in many cases) “that would be a booking if he wasn’t already on one”. So, having JUST booked Fred for a trivial rule breach, why couldn’t the ref tell him, do that again and it’s a second yellow? But no, carded and sent off without committing a foul at all!

Felt like we were doing too well and the ref though “I’ll put a stop to this”

Disgusted in the players too. They’ve all had the new rules explained to them and what the consequences are but you are seeing multiple cards awarded for stupid actions like kicking the ball away etc.

Disgusted also that we completely capitulated after the card and contributed nothing at all to the rest of the match. Worst ten man showing ever IMO.

Absolutely steaming, football is now a farce and I think I’m done with it.
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 12-08-2023 at 04:24 PM.

I am feeling the same, whats the point the rules are only geared towards making sure the smaller clubs are scared to breath in the wrong way ,because you will not see top players red carded for diving or celebrating a goal , cards for stupid things that do not even affect the game such as celebrating a goal ...just add on more time at the end of the game ,we may as well play until 2 hours have gone now anyway or until the big clubs have scored...because refs have surely now been given licence to determine the rules in whatever way they see fit ...the game had already become a farce ...it's now a complete joke !!

Very annoying that we played into a pedantic refs hands today...a bit of discipline and we could have had 3 points. We are punching above our weight and have some real battlers in the squad. However Kayode is not one of them - complete waste of time bringing him on - needs to go asap. Ben Wiles was also very average and I think his hang dog impression sums up his performance. Need reinforcements....and new homes for some of squad.

Leaving the controversy aside, main thing for me was a very much improved, and until the 2nd yellow, very impressive team performance. We really needed that.

Great performances in the first hour from Fred, Haks, Basil, the defence (once Dexter settled) and whilst Cafu struggled with some decision making, what a cross for the 2nd goal. Stunning. Hope lots more to come.

A heartening performance to put the belief back into our hearts that we can hold our own at this level.

Very proud of the players today, we were cheated by a shocking referee performance. Their number 8 should have been sent off for a second yellow, after being called offside he continued to play and kicked the ball, yet the ref booked the Viking for putting his hands up. The lad from wolves after the first ten minutes was excellent a real talent, Humphreys and Blackett were brilliant at the back. We were weaker when Morrison came on, the lack of players will cost us every week. The club need to speed up recruitment, we need players in the door before the next game we can't wait until the last few days of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander View Post
    Very annoying that we played into a pedantic refs hands today...a bit of discipline and we could have had 3 points. We are punching above our weight and have some real battlers in the squad. However Kayode is not one of them - complete waste of time bringing him on - needs to go asap. Ben Wiles was also very average and I think his hang dog impression sums up his performance. Need reinforcements....and new homes for some of squad.
    We should have sold Ben Wiles when Burnley offered, he's absolutely nowhere near good enough and never has been a championship player. Home grown talent yes, and in the main, has done well for us. But fed up of his lacklustre performances. Where was he when it got tough 2nd half? Walking around with his ****ing head down.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast