+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    From the fact that a Newcastle player was carded for imaginary yellow waving, with the ref clearly explaining why to the surprised player, certainly indicates that there is a fresh policy on this for this year. It would be interesting to know what info was given to clubs, and from this, how it was passed onto the players. Certainly indicates a breakdown somewhere.

Of course in the same Newcastle game, the third goal scorer ran to the corner and actually embraced a fan on the perimeter and this was completely ignored by the ref, indicates that this policy doesn't seem to be being implemented very consistently!
    And the ref for that game was Andy Madely the brother of Bobby Madely. Looks like being inept runs in the family.

Despite the complete idiot making it his show, our players have to wake up fast. Two cards in two games for kicking the ball away. My problem is that he didn't treat both teams the same, and that's unforgivable.
    Blackburn celebrated both their goals with their fans, including the bloke on the yellow card. Viktor either caught the ball in play or out. The position of the ball didn't move. Why was it a corner?
    At least he'll be another club's problem next week.

MT got starting 11 spot on Wiles on the right questionable but only other option was to have McCart in a back 3 & Dext right wing back but then Bramall wouldn't have been at left back. McCart should have been brought on before Morrison who'll get done for pace.

Can’t argue with Fred’s 2nd card but the 1st one was a joke, he didn’t throw himself into fans, he didn’t touch one.
    Madely is and always will be a bias ******* but it won’t just be us.

Cafu seriously needs to stop picking the ball when he thinks it’s a foul, someone talk to him ffs

Apart from the bias ******* spoiling the game after we were 2 up I thought it was a good game

We should’ve won but a point is ***** and takes us out the bottom

How many managers would put a young McGuckin on in that situation & the subs he made ?
    Seriously imo MT knows what he’s doing, get behind him
    In MT we trust

Onto next

What is the difference between a frustrated Fred saying to the ref that he thinks it’s a yellow and the entire Hull team appealing to the ref for a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I think this is the crux of the matter. We can moan all we like about anti-Rotherham bias and "What about xxx doing the same and getting away with it" but if you've been told "Don't wave an imaginary card at the ref. He can yellow card you" why do it? Especially with a character like Madley who seems to get a rush of blood to the head very easily. I know in the heat of the moment, it's not always easy for a player to think straight but, they are supposed to be professional...

This doesn't mean that I thought the sending off was fair. Far from it. Totally inappropriate for the circumstances. The point is that it didn't have to happen. It wasn't like a 50/50 tackle went against our player. He made a conscious decision to do something that - wrongly or rightly - is a yellow card offence. He needs to be *******ed for it.

Of course, if our players have NOT been told about the price to pay for this "offence" then the fault lies with the management. If THEY hadn't been told then I withdraw any criticism of RUFC. I suspect they do all know, though.

I'm assuming nobody will be foolish enough to do this again...

We played very well overall and it was a pleasure seeing our goals go in. Bramall and (especially in my opinion) Olly were immense.
    That's fair enough providing there is consistency from the referee and there certainly wasn't that yesterday.
    People seem to have forgotten the incident in the first half when one of the Blackburn players rolled around on the floor holding his face and made "elbowing" gestures to the referee presumably trying to get Bramall sent off.
    Under the new rules this is a yellow card offence but nothing happened even though it was blatant cheating.
    The most galling part about yesterday was that the referee did not apply the same sanctions to both teams and although, under the new rules, we probably can't argue about what happened to our players we should definitely be questioning why the same approach was not applied to the other team.
    I hope our club makes this point strongly in their report about the referee.

Of all the errors Madley made the most ludicrous one, was when he booked Victor after the Blackburn player kicked the ball away who himself should have been booked and sent off.This just highlighted the fact that we would be punished whatever, while the opposition escaped.It really would be interesting to read the assessor's report on that performance.We suffer much more than others in the two matches we have played, there has been a major controversy about the cards handed out.On to our team's performance,after the first 15 minutes when they kept the ball ,we then started to attack them mainly down that left side.Bramall and Onyedinma looked very good.Rathbone was outstanding and when we get Christ in to join him and Cafu we will be a lot better.Blackett and Humphreys were good,while Lembikisa grew in confidence and will do well for us.Up front is where we need strengthen with some quality and that definitel needs to be done well before our next match.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's fair enough providing there is consistency from the referee and there certainly wasn't that yesterday.
    People seem to have forgotten the incident in the first half when one of the Blackburn players rolled around on the floor holding his face and made "elbowing" gestures to the referee presumably trying to get Bramall sent off.
    Under the new rules this is a yellow card offence but nothing happened even though it was blatant cheating.
    The most galling part about yesterday was that the referee did not apply the same sanctions to both teams and although, under the new rules, we probably can't argue about what happened to our players we should definitely be questioning why the same approach was not applied to the other team.
    I hope our club makes this point strongly in their report about the referee.
    If any official sees that elbow then rightly so it’s a straight red, I didn’t see but others have apparently and if true he wants a *******ing
    But yes they (Blackburn) got away with quite a bit

Football league paper gives Maddog a score of 4 but I do question if they were actually there with the scoring of players from both sides and Cafu is star man

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    What is the difference between a frustrated Fred saying to the ref that he thinks it’s a yellow and the entire Hull team appealing to the ref for a penalty?
    Exactly

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast