+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female football pundits

Female football pundits

England women v Colombia on one channel and the build up between Arsenal V Forest on the other.

The quality of female pundits is so much better than the male pundits.

Emma Hayes: there are tactical drawbacks to the double-pivot in midfield etc

Rio Ferdand: er...the players will be up for it for sure...big time

Time to get more pundits on like Emma Hayes who can provide fans with genuine insight and ditch the geezers who can only trot out phrases that you hear in the boozer.

If you don't believe me. Tune in and listen
    Last edited by CAMiller; 12-08-2023 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Useless title

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    England women v Colombia on one channel and the build up between Arsenal V Forest on the other.

The quality of female pundits is so much better than the male pundits.

Emma Hayes: there are tactical drawbacks to the double-pivot in midfield etc

Rio Ferdand: er...the players will be up for it for sure...big time

Time to get more pundits on like Emma Hayes who can provide fans with genuine insight and ditch the geezers who can only trot out phrases that you hear in the boozer.

If you don't believe me. Tune in and listen
    I find the same with cricket commentators. But the male counterparts are at a more intelligent level than football

.....they're all a bag of poo....................................that one what screams wants strangling.....or maybe someone is....she sets my Tinnitus off................

I prefer to listen to them that know what they’re talking about and actually say what’s happening in a game instead of stating the obvious or talking *******s whether they’re male or female

Robbie Savage is awful and I’d much rather watch Alex Scott than Martin Keown.

Time someone on tv hired Simon Jordan if they dare that is .

He'd shake things up .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Time someone on tv hired Simon Jordan if they dare that is .

He'd shake things up .
    I like Simon Jordan but his obsession with Eddie Hearn has been very cringey recently.
    Hearn has toyed with him and shown him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I like Simon Jordan but his obsession with Eddie Hearn has been very cringey recently.
    Hearn has toyed with him and shown him up.
    I'd recommend his book if you haven't read it all ready .

A real eye opener about what goes on in this game today .

Some are good and deserve their place. Emma Hayes is brilliant.
    And you are not a great pundit just because you were a great Premiership player, Rio Ferdinand case in point as someone already mentioned.

What annoys me though is the wokeness of there always seemingly has to be a woman pundit, and now there are loads of them. But why are there loads of women, but no ex-Championship players as pundits?
    Even before someone had the logic that a woman can actually talk sense about football, there wasn't a place on the panel for any former male players that hadn't played in the Premiership. No ex-players who have played 500 Championship games were given a job talking about the Premiership, only EFL. And there still aren't.

Millie Bright could hang up her boot tomorrow and be given a job being a pundit on the Premiership. But there is no chance of Richard Wood doing that. Or even seasoned internationals like Shane Ferguson. So why are there loads of Karen Carneys, but no Shane Fergusons.
    Playing the men's game at international level doesn't qualify you to be a Premiership pundit unless you are a familiar premiership player but playing for England women does.

I've never understood why it's necessary to have people telling you about what you've just watched. You don't get that if you actually attend a game.
    Surely people are capable of making their own minds up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast