+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You've polled all Dee4Life members and know for a fact that their main gripe is lack of a cash turnstile have you?

I suggest that's your main gripe and you just keep pressing it thinking the majority care as much as you do. I really believe the majority of fans will be more concerned about what's happening on the park than the lack of a pay gate. My main gripe or concern is why Nelms continues to show total disdain for Dundee fans generally and why he won't come clean about why his 'new stadium' just doesn't seem to be any closer to becoming a reality than it was eight years ago when we were told we'd be in it by last season.
    Nelms should be explaining why an Isle of Man based financial company called SohoGreen holds two standard securities over the whole of the 29.7 acres new stadium development site at the former NCR Camperdown grounds. https://find-and-update.company-info...507045/charges
    Last September (2022) John Nelms told us that if there was a shortfall in funding for the new stadium development he could easily get the funds from financial companies in the City of London.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 15-08-2023 at 12:56 AM. Reason: More information

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Nelms should be explaining why an Isle of Man based financial company called SohoGreen holds two standard securities over the whole of the 29.7 acres new stadium development site at the former NCR Camperdown grounds. https://find-and-update.company-info...507045/charges
    Last September (2022) John Nelms told us that if there was a shortfall in funding for the new stadium development he could easily get the funds from financial companies in the City of London.
    I don't care about the site at Camperdown and who holds financial security over it because right now it has nothing to do with Dundee FC and it never will have.

I don't care about the site at Camperdown and who holds financial security over it because right now it has nothing to do with Dundee FC and it never will have.
    Indirectly it does because according to John Nelms it will be the site of the next Dundee FC home ground.
    In my opinion Dundee supporters should be asking John Nelms when the much delayed planning application for the new stadium development at Campy Nou is going to be submitted to Dundee City Council.
    John Nelms told us last September that the planning application would be submitted by the end of March 2023. Then he told us that the traffic figures which had been calculated in 2017 were now out of date and it would take a further two months to do so.
    The project manager employed by Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited should have ensured that the traffic figures were up to date and correct when the second pre application meeting (22/00348/PAN) was held in the Landmark Hotel at the of September 2022.
    Pre application meetings are normally held just before a full planning application is submitted to a local authority not once every five years.
    Last month a ‘survey monkey’ questionnaire was sent out to a random group of Dundee FC season ticket holders asking them how they travelled to home games at Dens Park.
    In my opinion this questionnaire should have asked this random group of Dundee FC supporters if they would be attending the new stadium at Campy Nou and if so how would they travel there.
    In my opinion John Nelms is using delaying tactics and ‘kicking the can down the road’ while thanks to inflation the cost of his new stadium development at Campy Nou will have increased in price by at least another ten per cent.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Indirectly it does because according to John Nelms it will be the site of the next Dundee FC home ground.
    Sorry didn't read past this because, put simply, there is no 'next Dundee FC home ground'. If it was going to happen it would have at least been set in motion and would be well down the road of development by now but it hasn't.

Sorry didn't read past this because, put simply, there is no 'next Dundee FC home ground'. If it was going to happen it would have at least been set in motion and would be well down the road of development by now but it hasn't.
    I think this is the core of our problem with the new stadium. I think Plan B must be the buy back of Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think this is the core of our problem with the new stadium. I think Plan B must be the buy back of Dens.
    Plan A should be buy back Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofrros View Post
    plan a should be buy back dens.
    absolutely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Plan A should be buy back Dens.
    As was promised - con artists

As was promised - con artists
    Never understood why they failed to keep that part of their pitch to us to sell to them a majority share holding.

I was at tonight’s game against East Fife and there was a good attendance.
    There must have been about 500 people there including close to 100 East Fife supporters.
    The entry at the two cash turnstiles operated like clockwork.
    I arrived at Dens Park about twenty minutes before kickoff and there a couple of people in front of me in the queue. It may have been busier closer to kickoff which normally happens at league games.
    Unfortunately the club did not announce the attendance figure during the second half. Perhaps the Dundee Football Club management were still counting the number of clicks on each turnstile.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)