+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Stirling Albion v Aberdeen

I suspect the financial difference would be marginal, but I don’t honestly know. As I said, I don’t think we’re ready for the Europa League and I can’t see us coming 3rd unless we got very lucky indeed.

I think we’re probably in violent agreement in many ways. It’s just that from my perspective given where we are in our season, with the players we’ve lost and our recruitment and our injuries, I’m not surprised we are where we are. And I think the Europa League is a double edged sword and that it matters that we put away Stirling Albion. I’m just arguing for a bit of perspective. We may well lose against Hacken over two legs, but the final accounting will be done next summer not in the next fortnight. It’s much too soon to be overly critical/worried at this point.

For me, our recruitment in the next 10 days matters more than beating Hacken.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I suspect the financial difference would be marginal, but I don’t honestly know. As I said, I don’t think we’re ready for the Europa League and I can’t see us coming 3rd unless we got very lucky indeed.

I think we’re probably in violent agreement in many ways. It’s just that from my perspective given where we are in our season, with the players we’ve lost and our recruitment and our injuries, I’m not surprised we are where we are. And I think the Europa League is a double edged sword and that it matters that we put away Stirling Albion. I’m just arguing for a bit of perspective. We may well lose against Hacken over two legs, but the final accounting will be done next summer not in the next fortnight. It’s much too soon to be overly critical/worried at this point.

For me, our recruitment in the next 10 days matters more than beating Hacken.
    Fair enough, I don't think we're ready for the Europa or the Conference at this point but if you're trying to entice players here then the dangly carrot of potentially Liverpool/West Ham would lure some players I believe. Put in a performance against them and the chance of a move down south increases greatly.

I think if we do lose against Hacken then the mild grumbles we've got currently will be heightened, hopefully not to the silly extremes but I do feel it'll be a chance missed, especially as you've got to go back to Calderwood days since we were last in the Europa League which for a club trying to move up in the rankings is terrible.

Our recruitment in the next 10 days is undoubtedly huge, considering the extra games we'll have then we don't want to do a Hearts from last season and have our league form suffer due to injuries or fatigue etc so a large squad which Robson has faith in is v!tal.
    Last edited by ZakkTheMakk; 21-08-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: v i t a l is banned?

I honestly think that our squad is totally under-cooked and that is why we are seeing us struggle in the early stages of the season. Who did we play? Turriff, the Broch, Preston and Charlton? Have I missed any out?!

The fact 2 of these games were highland league teams and, more importantly, in each game we seemed to give our players no more than 45/60mins game time in each probably means our players aren't match sharp. The teams we have played so far this season have had pre season friendlies and group stages of the league cup already under their belts (bar the stinks - who also look under-cooked).

Granted, the boys that have started the past 3 games should now be headed for full fitness - god know where that leaves the rest though given Barry's reluctance to use the bench!!!

I reckon we will get better the fitter we get and with 3/4 decent additions (hopefully players that have managed to get some games under their belt in the meantime!). A wee bit mare patience may be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s him, Sounded like some boy. Would love to know what he’s up to now
    Aah Matthew fae the Spar - what a fond memory.

My guess as to his whereabouts is that he was involved in some major news story widely reported in the papers - with the story ending "before turning the gun on himself"...

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Where you in a Landrover Mason ?
    Can’t say, it’s classified

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Where you in a Landrover Mason ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Can’t say, it’s classified
    Those bergens weren't going to get to the summit by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Aah Matthew fae the Spar - what a fond memory.

My guess as to his whereabouts is that he was involved in some major news story widely reported in the papers - with the story ending "before turning the gun on himself"...
    I must have read that thread half a dozen times and lost it laughing each time. Reckon you might be spot on with your guess...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213