+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Pies really football fans?

Not watched mega amounts of the ladies World Cup but have watched all the England matches.

As for how the Ladies team would fare against Notts, didn't the USA Ladies team lose 5-2 to a Dallas FC U 15's team in a friendly? Twas a few years back in fairness.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I know what you mean. Top level football just doesn't appeal to me anymore. It's been ruined over the years. Where I live, there are more kids wearing Al-Nassr and Miami shirts than there are kids supporting the local teams. It's sad really.
    Agree with this, the money now in the transfers and wages just make it really off putting. It's a good product but apart from that, for me, it feels distasteful.

I watch the Lionesses, because I like to see all English national mainstream sports teams, men or women, suprisingly enough lol. That is as far as it goes as regards interest in female sport, as anything below that level is just not entertaining enough.

Of the three main sports, football, cricket and rugby union, I dislike the way that women's football has hijacked the men's game, one example being that they compare the likes of Ellen White's goal scoring record with Wayne Rooney's, ffs. The cricket and rugby teams, in general, seem happy to plough their own furrow in progressing the models of their respective sports.

I do agree with ncfcog, that it was a low but unsuprising blow to try and label NCM male participants as a bunch of chauvinistic neanderthals.

Do you have to like womens football to be a real fan.?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I don't really take notice of football outside of Notts County and Carlton Town (including England's men's team). Apart from watching Notts and Carlton and also playing the game I have fallen out of love with the sport, generally find watching a game as a neutral very boring.
    I'm the same. No longer much interest beyond Notts. I used to keenly follow the PL and England, but now couldn't care less about either. I'd genuinely rather go and watch amateur football at my local park. I started playing for a vets team after a 12 year break from 11-a-side and have loved it.

In fairness, I have caught some of the WWC, but it's more of a passing interest.

Haven’t watched any tbh, have zero interest although I wish them well from a Nationally point of view, I feel it’s being pushed by agendas and organizations when in reality it’s not ‘watchable’ or to the standard that is pushed imo, saw some Female cricket a couple of months back, think it was England, but tbh ‘fielding’ like ‘goalkeeping’ doesn’t seem to come natural and it looks ‘clumsy’ at best.

For balance every year I sooo look forward to the WTA round at Nottingham and Wimbledon. I guess with time hopefully Female cricket and Football will evolve and become as exciting as tennis on the female side.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    There are also ‘women’ playing that have previously been men, so not sure how it’s called the women’s World Cup. Woke gone mad. Thankfully Canada got knocked out so Quinn got sent packing.
    Quinn didn't used to be a man. They were a woman and now they identify as non-binary, so there's no question of them having a physical advantage.

As for the World Cup, I'll watch any football that's on and usually love the women's international tournaments, but the kick-off times have made this one really tricky to keep up with. The results have been great though with much fewer thrashings, showing how quickly the game is developing in countries that have previously been far behind the traditionally "bigger" nations. The US getting knocked off their perch was immensely satisfying in this regard, and the tournament has been very open. England look way below their best but have managed to scrape through by sheer willpower at times. I don't know if a semi-final against the home nation might be a step too far - especially without Lauren James - but fingers crossed they can find another level to get through.

Just seen this and felt compelled to post it somewhere. This thread is as good as any.

I have very little interest in the womens game. Yes the level has improved over the years but the goalkeepers are still well behind. I also don't have any interest in the Premier League either these days. I used to love watching MOTD but haven't watched it for 10 years or so.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast