+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to make Webb accountable...

Time to make Webb accountable...

Listened to praise and grumble. A lot of sympathy for millers from all s yorks sides fans re refs decisions at nys on Saturday. Someone said Howard Webb should come on dee dar and answer the fans questions, Surprise, surprise hes too busy.

What he has to realise is that the rules he has concocted without any thought are ideal for plonkers like madley to help get us relegated.. Madley knows he wont be challenged and he can be as inconsistent as he likes. Whats worse we cannot even appeal double yellows so we cant get justice that way.

Is webb a millers fan, thick or what? The next time he wants to come into the lounge they should tell him to piss off till he seriously answers questions about the conduct of Madley on Saturday.

i dunno about you lot but Im not looking forward to toss pots like madley sending us down this season when I believe we have a very strong team this year more than capable of staying up with a fair rub of the green.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-08-2023 at 07:26 PM.

It's got to the point where I'm actually surprised when a referee has a good game at least in the league we are in .

My biggest gripe is the lack of consistency , time and time again a player will get booked for a nothing challenge and five minutes later he'll leave the card in his pocket for a more severe challenge .

The referee actually booked our goalkeeper last Saturday for time wasting , we were 6-0 up at the time and there was twenty minutes to go .

I’m with you on this one roly, next time web comes for a freeby at our stadium they should tell him to do one .

The problem is they are not accountable for their actions animal. While they are like this standards will degenerate.

The time has come for referees to face the press at the end of games and be questioned on their thought process behind the decisions they make during a game. If they have to justify their decisions on camera it may help stamp out the nonsense and inconsistency from referees that currently exists in the game today.

It's a start adventus

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    The time has come for referees to face the press at the end of games and be questioned on their thought process behind the decisions they make during a game. If they have to justify their decisions on camera it may help stamp out the nonsense and inconsistency from referees that currently exists in the game today.
    I’ve been saying this for a long time

Totally agree.

Whilst I agree with the clamping down on dissent and the dark arts, this new set of rules will do nothing but make inept and biased referees even more untouchable.

Clamping down on dissent by bringing in a load of harsh rules to enforce on the players is only tackling half of the problem. The other half is bizarre, inconsistent and often downright biased refereeing. If there weren't so many of these "performances" by refs then there wouldn't be as much dissent, simple as that. So if we are going to get tough with the players, we need to balance that out by being tough with the refs too.

The assessors reports should be made public and if they score really low they should be demoted to a low league or docked pay. They should be made to explain their actions.

If this doesn't happen and the likes of last Saturday becomes the norm, then fans should collectively protest with mass boycotts of matches until the issue is addressed. Football has always been an emotive sport and following the Millers especially so, but I've never been so angry leaving a game as I was on Saturday. A few Blackburn fans who I know didn't enjoy it either, obviously they were happy they clawed it back to get a point but they openly admitted that the game was farcical and ruined by the referee

Personally I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with the silly rules, there will be more abuse than ever

You will not get answers because they think all football fans know feck all, they don’t care what football fans think because they look after each other’s backs don’t rock the boat. Arrogant ****s.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast