+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson

Wilson

The word tonight is that Iain Wilson is being loaned out to Morton. A superb footballer but blighted by injuries with the last update being that he had a sore foot which sounded frankly ridiculous for a professional player and I guess Marvin lost patience. On the positive side this will free up money to bring in new recruits which Bartley has said he will do so let's trust the man to get the players that we need especially in an attacking mode. Mon the South 👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The word tonight is that Iain Wilson is being loaned out to Morton. A superb footballer but blighted by injuries with the last update being that he had a sore foot which sounded frankly ridiculous for a professional player and I guess Marvin lost patience. On the positive side this will free up money to bring in new recruits which Bartley has said he will do so let's trust the man to get the players that we need especially in an attacking mode. Mon the South 👏👏
    There’s also £9,000 sitting in the Tanner Fund account for him to use.
    Use it or lose it Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    There’s also £9,000 sitting in the Tanner Fund account for him to use.
    Use it or lose it Marv.
    As agreed with the club the Tanner Fund is used exclusively for youth development, I believe.

As agreed with the club the Tanner Fund is used exclusively for youth development, I believe.
    It was last time but can be used towards any player Marv decides he wants.

Wilson away to
    Morton on loan for the season as he made it clear he didn’t want to play another season in League One. Good riddance I’d say.

I don't know what some fans seen in Wilson, to me he looked like a slow cab horse with a seriously bad first touch which is totally unforgivable in my book if you want a footballing career .

He certainly had his flaws Francis, but he also had a lot of good points, - including ability and drive.

Unfortunately his greatest flaw was his susceptibility to injury, - often self inflicted, - diving into 90 -10 challenges in no-man's land, - when he'd have simply been better to stand and try to block the ball.

He'll be a miss, - but whether he can get a run at Morton is doubtful, - because you can't change his character, - and inevitably he'll end up injuring himself.

Marvin is quite right to let him go though, - if he didn't want to play at this level, - there's no point keeping a hold of him.

Very interesting comments from the manager in todays Standard regarding Wilson. He says that would have liked him to stay but added that he will be watching just how quickly he recovers now that the loan deal has gone through plus he was not happy with his professionalism in and around the club on a daily basis. He clearly didn't meet Marvin's high expectations so better away.

Very interesting comments from the manager in todays Standard regarding Wilson. He says that would have liked him to stay but added that he will be watching just how quickly he recovers now that the loan deal has gone through plus he was not happy with his professionalism in and around the club on a daily basis. He clearly didn't meet Marvin's high expectations so better away.
    Morton only listing 5 subs today with no sign of Wilson. Maybe Queens are better off without him.

Agree with both Papa and Spike, - no manager can be dictated to by a player's 'needs' - he should have put himself in the shop window and gone on his merits not on his high opinion of himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)