+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garth Crooks

Garth Crooks

His Team of the Week feature for the BBC is full of his usual contempt for our club.

“ We know Erling Haaland can score goals but his second against a Burnley side woefully out of their depth was sensational”.

“Well, we all saw it. Guardiola playing the overbearing boss by insisting his every instructions be obeyed to the letter. To have admonished Haaland so publicly at half-time against - wait for it - Burnley, would have been greeted with a very different reaction from certain players in my day, but these are different times”.

Just another arrogant day at the office for Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    His Team of the Week feature for the BBC is full of his usual contempt for our club.

“ We know Erling Haaland can score goals but his second against a Burnley side woefully out of their depth was sensational”.

“Well, we all saw it. Guardiola playing the overbearing boss by insisting his every instructions be obeyed to the letter. To have admonished Haaland so publicly at half-time against - wait for it - Burnley, would have been greeted with a very different reaction from certain players in my day, but these are different times”.

Just another arrogant day at the office for Garth.
    Another a hole - he wouldn’t have been on the same pitch - let’s be honest

Really not good enough - he was average footballer at best, hence why he always has a lot to say for himself nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Another a hole - he wouldn’t have been on the same pitch - let’s be honest

Really not good enough - he was average footballer at best, hence why he always has a lot to say for himself nowadays.
    It isn’t the first with Garth. He was making the same sort of biased comments about Burnley last time we were in the Premier League.

In deference to the black BBC commentator whose views on Burnley Football Club really wind me up, the only moderator currently operating on Clarets Mad has taken the original post down. Apologies for any hurt or anguish I may or not have inadvertently caused Mr Crooks.

Who moderates the moderator?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 30-11-2023 at 03:28 PM.

I'm going back quite a few years now with Crooks, he was the very first to be employed on TV simply because of the colour of his skin. He had no talent for media work whatsoever, he was like a rabbit frozen in the headlights in front of a camera and not much has changed in the years since. If he was white the best he could hope for would be stacking shelves in Tesco, with apologies to those fine people who actually do this important work, no intention to denigrate them whatsoever, I admit I'm using a lazy cliche, but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm going back quite a few years now with Crooks, he was the very first to be employed on TV simply because of the colour of his skin. He had no talent for media work whatsoever, he was like a rabbit frozen in the headlights in front of a camera and not much has changed in the years since. If he was white the best he could hope for would be stacking shelves in Tesco, with apologies to those fine people who actually do this important work, no intention to denigrate them whatsoever, I admit I'm using a lazy cliche, but you know what I mean.
    He’s got Halland leaving City today Sinkov because Pep shouted at him - I reckon he’s right he may leave NOT

I bet playing for the best team club in the world and 300k going in his bank every Friday he’s absolutely livid 😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    He’s got Halland leaving City today Sinkov because Pep shouted at him - I reckon he’s right he may leave NOT

I bet playing for the best team club in the world and 300k going in his bank every Friday he’s absolutely livid ����
    Is the halfwit really saying that army ? What a load of bollox, there can't be a footballer in the world who wouldn't give his right arm to be getting regular *******ings off Pep, all in a days work for City players.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is the halfwit really saying that army ? What a load of bollox, there can't be a footballer in the world who wouldn't give his right arm to be getting regular *******ings off Pep, all in a days work for City players.
    Crooks was quoted as saying, "Right, that's it he will be off to Real Madrid because of the humiliation". I asked, "Is he a dick just because of his skin colour or could it be because of a serious shortage of intellect and/or education?" He's as thick as a pound of mince.

I remember a very young big Vince (Overson) having a blinder against Spurs and Crooks. Hoofed him up hill and down dale. Perhaps that memory is forever haunting him?

Definition of numpty:- a stupid or ineffectual person.
    "confused numpties who have little idea of what they're talking about"

GC was born to be this dictionary definition.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)