+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst atmosphere in Championship

Get the old kop choir from Millmoor back together, mind you a lot of them will be old codgers now & very little breath to sing. The atmosphere at Millmoor was a lot better than NYS all round the ground.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 16-08-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Can’t TS hire the trumpet playing England cricket fan? He knows how to get a set of fans singing in unison.

The Ashes series is now over so he may be available every second Saturday 😄
    He's coming in on loan when he's 47.. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Get the old kop choir from Millmoor back together, mind you a lot of them will be old codgers now & very little breath to sing. The atmosphere at Millmoor was a lot better than NYS all round the ground.
    Yep to think we won the national Kop Choir competition early 70s.. NY is like a church oft times.
    Perhaps we should get Cynthia Payne jogging round at half-time...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I’d put Coventry at #1
    Way out in front of any others in last seasons cship

If Hartlepools ever get into the cship they’ll trounce Cov quite easily. What a racket they made
    Was impressed with Hartlepool although it was a cup final so to speak .. Coventry where good last season as well .Trouble is with Rotherham we have 4 or 5 different singing sections starting different songs off at away games We had 1700 fans at Stoke and i didnt hear them once .Atmosphere at NYS has always being average a singing section was asked for when built but was turned down by the powers that be

I have made numerous suggestions over the years, how to improve the atmosphere. There has bern no response from fans or the club.

I have realised now it is a waste of time. We just have to accept the ridicule of other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I have made numerous suggestions over the years, how to improve the atmosphere. There has bern no response from fans or the club.

I have realised now it is a waste of time. We just have to accept the ridicule of other fans.
    Here's a suggestion IBS,try posting something remotely positive for once, you will feel better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Can't say I've seen them Idiot - what are these suggestions you've made?

Seems to me that Millmoor did have a better atmosphere once BUT this went downhill when seating was installed. Maybe we should be looking at installing safe standing into key areas where fans like me would like to go, stand and sing?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Can't say I've seen them Idiot - what are these suggestions you've made?

Seems to me that Millmoor did have a better atmosphere once BUT this went downhill when seating was installed. Maybe we should be looking at installing safe standing into key areas where fans like me would like to go, stand and sing?
    When they do chime up, another annoying trait of the kop is the tendency to clap along with every song with the clapping quickly increasing in tempo. The song then peters out pretty quickly. Maybe another reason to have somebody in charge of the drum who has a clue what they are doing!

It might seem petty all this stuff, but a cracking atmosphere generated by the fans can only have a positive effect on the pitch. A great atmosphere could make the ***** "odd point difference" between relegation and staying up. The club should take this much more seriously with initiatives driven purely by the fans' input.

edit... good grief, why the hell is v.i.t.a.l considered offensive?
    Last edited by Redshank; 17-08-2023 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Stupid Censoring

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Wish I had a pound for every time that question has been asked. Someone at FootyMad deemed that the name of a rival message board should be ******* on here. Petty I know but at least with some 'logic' behind it. I'd like to know what the problem with art ********* is? (g.alleries).

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post

It was once the rival forum, Rotherham V-word.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast