+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Our defence have my shaking like a whippet s h I t I n g every time another team attacks.

Defence we ain't got one attack none existent absolutely rubbish can't belive we got anything from that ??

Went for a point and luckily got one against a really poor Leeds side who were made to look like world beaters with our negative tactics, they looked very shaky when we woke up for 10-15 mins of the second half, at one point I thought Pulis was back in charge but then I saw our defending, does Furlong ever pass the ball forwards?
    Was a poor display by a team that has sadly run its course.

Not a great performance but I don’t think that was a terrible Leeds side as some suggest. The striker cost £32m and they still had a fair few decent players. That 17 year old in midfield was top draw for his age and I’ve read he’s highly regarded. The two centre halves were streets ahead of ours.

I don’t think we’re going to get many easy games this season.

We are crying out for a ball playing centre half as CC wants a progressive style without players to do it. Training and experience will help but it was evident yesterday that they’re miles off where he wants them to be.

What we are crying out for us a ball playing midfielder who can pick a pass before he is closed down. We only have workhorses at the moment who are rather ponderous on the ball.

Shocking defending! Did Pieters even jump? What does Furlong contribute?

Swift is a waste of space!!’ Very lucky to get a point and didn’t deserve one!

PS - was there any point in two new players coming when Carlos puts his trust in failing players every week!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Felt relaxed watching all night , well deserved point.
    Sky and dingle Don made you think ,they was better than they are .
    Onwards and upwards. COYB
    Thumbs up to the 2 thousand Albion fans on a Friday night.
    Great result pity we didn't get 3 but its never certain in this league. Wish wallaces shot had gone in, really close. Superb save from Palmer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)