+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ogrens interview

I'm sure he said he agrees mistakes were made but he was surprised at the intensity of the hate TA got (I don't think he means he is surprised TA got stick)... I can understand that from his perspective not knowing how Scottish football fans are, TA had haters long before the poor decisions started to come to the fore

Actually what he should have said is "we made mistakes, as all owners do, every season whether things are going well or not but the big mistake we made that led to the avoidable relegation was not finding a half decent keeper and getting him signed in January, for that I apologise"

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm sure he said he agrees mistakes were made but he was surprised at the intensity of the hate TA got (I don't think he means he is surprised TA got stick)... I can understand that from his perspective not knowing how Scottish football fans are, TA had haters long before the poor decisions started to come to the fore

Actually what he should have said is "we made mistakes, as all owners do, every season whether things are going well or not but the big mistake we made that led to the avoidable relegation was not finding a half decent keeper and getting him signed in January, for that I apologise"
    Your an absolute hoot 😂😂😂

It's often mentioned the millions that he's spent. What about the incomings in the same period, money for winning Championship, finishing 4th in SPL, Europa money, World Cup money, Harry Souttar, Scott Banks, Kerr Smith, Shankland, plus others, the Covid interest free loan? Over 10 million there, has he seen none of it? So his 14 million and the above 10 million and we've only got relegation to show for it?

I’m grateful to the Ogren family for the investment. The main spend I suspect is on wages that mean we spend more than we earn.

I think TA takes a lot of the blame and any manager that continued to play Birighitti

If we had had a decent keeper last season I really don’t think we’d have been close to relegation.

The insistence on playing a dud though clearly shows there were deeper problems at the club imo

MO has made big mistakes and imo biggest mistake was trusting TA too much

Let’s just hope we can get up this season and then at least with MO around we have spend to hopefully get the club in a better, sellable state

He seems to have the money to keep going until he gets better value - which should mean he needs us in top division

No idea what he bought if for in 2021 (it was up for £25M), but he's just sold the Feddinch Golf Resort for £7M.

If he wasn't prepared to put his hand in his pocket in Jan what makes you think he will do it now?

Ogren will not increase the value of the club by signing more players. He's wanting to cut costs, not increase them.

He is nothing more than a dumb speculator. Not what is required for a prospective>top six club in Scotland.

Asghar's gone, let's forget him.
    Rather focus on the task ahead, getting back up in one season.
    Which could just about be enjoyable, there were 8,000 home fans at Tannadice last Saturday.
    After Ayr away next Saturday we have 5 games in September, 4 of them at home, a good opportunity to lay down a marker.
    Exciting times. Let's hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    No idea what he bought if for in 2021 (it was up for £25M), but he's just sold the Feddinch Golf Resort for £7M.
    Almost as bad an investment as Birighitti

The boy likes to spunk his money up the wall, huh? Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Almost as bad an investment as Birighitti
    He was only one of several investors in that project. There's some speculation that he actually turned a profit on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)