+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ogrens interview

Ogrens interview

In part one of the interview he admits mistakes were made and if he could do things differently he would.

However he also talks about the animosity’s towards TA -

However, I don’t understand some of the intensity. Sure, Tony made mistakes. We all made mistakes and, ultimately, I’m the one who runs the club. I should be taking a lot of that blame. It just didn’t work out. But it wasn’t because we didn’t try.

“I don’t understand some of the animosity and, frankly, I don’t think it’s justified.”

I’m sorry MO if this is what you think it only highlights to me how far removed you are from the life blood of the club, the supporters.

Some have supported this club all their life, 50/60 years in some cases, and when their concerns were raised back in January they were flatly ignored! You chose to listen to a man whose incompetence could not be rivalled, and who treated our supporters the with sheer contempt at times. Justifying any animosity.

He goes in to say that his tenure will end in the not to distant future, but is not interested in selling the club at the moment.

Part 2 ti follow.

Can you post a link mate, nothing on the Official yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghArab2023 View Post
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    In part one of the interview he admits mistakes were made and if he could do things differently he would.

However he also talks about the animosity’s towards TA -

However, I don’t understand some of the intensity. Sure, Tony made mistakes. We all made mistakes and, ultimately, I’m the one who runs the club. I should be taking a lot of that blame. It just didn’t work out. But it wasn’t because we didn’t try.

“I don’t understand some of the animosity and, frankly, I don’t think it’s justified.”

I’m sorry MO if this is what you think it only highlights to me how far removed you are from the life blood of the club, the supporters.

Some have supported this club all their life, 50/60 years in some cases, and when their concerns were raised back in January they were flatly ignored! You chose to listen to a man whose incompetence could not be rivalled, and who treated our supporters the with sheer contempt at times. Justifying any animosity.

He goes in to say that his tenure will end in the not to distant future, but is not interested in selling the club at the moment.

Part 2 ti follow.
    Agreed. Ogren's a total walloper. Asghar is still walking, so he got off lightly IMO.

As for where the support apportion the blame for last season's self-inflicted calamity, does Ogren think that we are not blaming him?

What a deluded yankstain - he is ultimately the one that is responsible and can GTF asap please.

Can't believe he's still sticking up for 'his man'. Deary me.

Sounds like his aim is to get us promoted then sell up.

Was speaking to a former SPL football player and internationalist through my work. He was asked few years back by a parent that an agent had contacted her about representing her son and was asking for advice. The ex-player told the women that he was told by his mother if he had nothing good to say about a person then say nothing at all. Ashgar was the agent. He also said he couldn’t believe United got involved with him. Wouldn’t elaborate on the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

Could easily believe it , I suspect if he had it his way , his man would still be there, would have thought more of him if he sold up end of last season but suspect you are are correct about his aim

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

He is a bit but he is saying he should shoulder more of the blame.

As owner he's always going to have to rely on others significantly, he knows nothing really about Scottish Football other than what he's seen since he came to us. First it was TA and now it's LC and JG. It's always doing to be like this while MO owns the club.

Totally agree with the last bit about him selling when we get up. Interesting no one has approached him so far, that's not what we been last to believe is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)