+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious team emerging ?

Serious team emerging ?

We have upgraded big style from last years team, if we complete the signings to this standard we are on for a very good season and could be even dominating some games ?
    I can’t ever remember signing better players than Derby or Wednesday ? We are now though !

We are MT but my gut is telling me we need 3 more signings of the same calibre before September and have to be relatively light on injuries to avoid a relegation battle. The Champ this year looks so difficult as much as League 1 looks a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    We have upgraded big style from last years team, if we complete the signings to this standard we are on for a very good season and could be even dominating some games ?
    I can’t ever remember signing better players than Derby or Wednesday ? We are now though !
    Yes I too think it’s a serious upgrade particularly if we get that elusive striker who might bag 8-10 goals
    Midfield much much stronger, attack already stronger and hopefully even better.

Many on here think we’re significantly weaker than last year though.
    All good for debate

We’re stronger and as the season develops I think we will be ok.

Hope you are right but we look seriously light at full back no cover for Bramall or the lad from Wolves don’t think he was expected to play every game but Pelts is long term I know we could stick Wiles there and Blackett can cover left back but hopefully only the odd game

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Hope you are right but we look seriously light at full back no cover for Bramall or the lad from Wolves don’t think he was expected to play every game but Pelts is long term I know we could stick Wiles there and Blackett can cover left back but hopefully only the odd game
    Yes that’s my observation also but if we don’t get any wide men in we will have to keep Bola in as cover because he can play down both flanks McCart also can play left back ! So it’s needs must until January if we get let down by Prem managers ?

We can't fill a bench properly and we're 3 short of whats needed still.

Big weeks ahead but the nucleus is there.

We are after another flanker MT has said.I think we need someone to cover Dexter on right side. I m more concerned about CD with the crocks we have there. I think MT is trying to address that as well. If we can only get 2 players now those would be the 2 i would get.

As regards our strength, I think we are much better on paper but injuries and crap refs could still knacker up our chances.

Too early to tell,but I would say that Kafu is class,but so was Barlaser, Fred looked OK,hopefully he'll replace Chieo.
    Overall we are a way short of decent squad at the moment.

Need another forward definitely only Hugill hopefully Green up to this level, McGuckin chance he could be in the not too distant future. McCart can cover the left side of the defence need someone in who can cover on the right. Hall & Morrison are filling the sick bay so another centre back required? Squad improved certainly from last season already.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast