+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Well I don't think we can blame the referee today. This seems like a game we could have got much more from but a disappointing performance and result. 3 Championship games in, no goals from the 4 recognised forwards and no sign of one of them even on the bench. However, conceding 8 goals in those 3 games is equally as worrying. Lots of work for the recruitment and management team to do in the next 12 days.

Thoughts?

Still doing better than Mittwoch.

Good first half.

Uninspiring second.

Looks like we have increased the quality, but can Matt get them to play as a team?

Changes in discipline seem to be working. That's the plus from today.

Well looking at the first 2 posts I’m not going to bother.

Apart from the first 20 minutes, we were outclassed by a very poor championship team. The formation today did not work, I’m sorry but you can’t play with just one striker especially when our midfielders can’t win the second balls. Sadly I can’t see us improving much, and I think we are in for a very long season. We desperately need a proven striker who can at least score some goals, as I do not think Jordan Hughill will score many this season, but I can’t blame him if he’s playing up front on his own.

The loss of Odofinn cost us, we were doing great for 30 minutes, why oh why do we get so many muscle injuries, there is clearly a problem at the club with injuries.
    I have said before this squad will not stay up, there is no depth in this squad, the first 11 is decent but one injury and we have to put on a non-league level young player, MTs assessment of our youth players not mine. Not one sub today is good enough for this league, and that is what will relegate us.
    We spend £16,500 a week on two forwards that arent fit for sunday pub league, Hugill is so bad I hear the words Gisbert and Bos when i watch him play. he had a great chance with a header just before the goal and it was like watching my wife trying to head it. No comment on eaves.....uuggghhhhhh
    christ needs time and games so does Green.
    In any team there will be 3 or 4 injuries at any one time so you have to plan for a squad that takes that into consideration we need extra investment, I think MT is a very capable manager and some of the signings are ok, but if we think 2 more loan players will be enogh, you are very wrong. This squad needs a minimum of 4 extra championship players and we need a proper centre forward because the chuckle brothers are an absolute joke.
    Back 5 are not that bad so we have something to build on
    Imagine that team with Smith, Barlassar and matt Crooks in it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Australianmelbournemiller View Post
    Apart from the first 20 minutes, we were outclassed by a very poor championship team. The formation today did not work, I’m sorry but you can’t play with just one striker especially when our midfielders can’t win the second balls. Sadly I can’t see us improving much, and I think we are in for a very long season. We desperately need a proven striker who can at least score some goals, as I do not think Jordan Hughill will score many this season, but I can’t blame him if he’s playing up front on his own.
    Key bits were Odoffin going off and Bramall switching off for their equaliser. We had nobody on the bench to change thigs and no width on the pitch. We missed Fred today as well who would have given us that. Thanks a bunch howard webb. Also would have had had 3 points on the board irrespective of this result.

Eaves did not do anything to suggest he may improve
    Small matter of Leicester next week.

As we know get in the bottom 3 and its bloody hard to get out of it.

Positives only one booking and pigs lost

Great start and goal from Odoffin. We went backwards from when he went off, and never looked like making a chance, never mind taking it. How many chances do we need to clear the ball.....? Very poor making for the 1st goal, but shocking for the 2nd. Viktor got a touch on both goals.... We have nothing on the bench...........

Take Clark out of that side and Sunderland are struggling, but managed to make them look good.

P.S....thats probably the best performance ever from G Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Australianmelbournemiller View Post
    Really not sure how you can say Sunderland are a very poor Championship side but we all have our views. They have some top players. Anyway, we had too many players today who are way off championship standard and until our established players are fit and we somehow get a decent striker in, our games are going to mirror today.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast