+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs. Doncaster Rovers

Match Ratings vs. Doncaster Rovers

Match ratings:

I didn't really see who made the mistake for their goal from my seat so not in the ratings. I would say though even though it was a bad one to concede, the game had petered out since about 75 mins so felt like a kick around. Still not good enough.

Stone - 7 - Good with the ball and made an excellent save along the ground towards the end. Liked him.

Baldwin - 7 - Can tell he's getting back upto speed, thought he played well and bursts out from defence well.

Brindley - 7 - Thought he was good as well, made a great block towards the end.

Cameron - 6 - Good performance and fouls bought, feel he backs off for too long till they're in the area and then you can't touch them.

Palmer - 6 - Does what he always does well but a couple of too hard or clumsy pieces of play but I'm being picky really. Still a good performance.

Bostock - 8 - Great player, ran the midfield and good cross for the first goal, puts his foot in well.

Crowly - 7 - Good play as well, gets really stuck in and works hard. Good cross for Jones goal at the end of the move.

Austin - 7 - Put a good shift in and always offered himself.

Jones - 8 - Fantastic today, would be my MOM if Macca didn't score 2. Great check back and shot for the goal. He's going to be a hell of a player for us this season.

Didzy - 6 - Was mainly used as a target man especially from Stones crossfield passes. Not quite clicking yet but nearly set up Maccas hatrick and was harshly penalised for some great chasing their defence.

Macca - 9 - MOM - He's back! Great first post attack for his first and got inbetween the centrebacks for his second half header. Looked deadly all game.

Subs:

JOB - 6 - Came on, broke up play and was his usual hard working self.

Nemane - 5 - Didn't have time to do much.

Scott - 7 - Really rate Scott, always looks dangerous and nearly scored.

Chicksen - 5 - See Nemane.

Fans - 10 - Got behind them for the entire game.

Ref - 3 - The worst homer ref I have ever seen. He gave us the goals and offsides. Worst was the foul against Didzy at our end for not touching their player at all.

Doncaster bus service - 0 - One double decker after the game back to town for a game with about 8 thousand attendance. Absolutely disgusting. The second came at 5.50pm, on a match day, to an out of town stadium. ****ing shocking.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-08-2023 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added opponent to title

Good ratings,the only one I would change would be Palmer for an extra mark a 7
    It was JOB who got dispossessed for their goal

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Match ratings:

I didn't really see who made the mistake for their goal from my seat so not in the ratings. I would say though even though it was a bad one to concede, the game had petered out since about 75 mins so felt like a kick around. Still not good enough.

Stone - 7 - Good with the ball and made an excellent save along the ground towards the end. Liked him.

Baldwin - 7 - Can tell he's getting back upto speed, thought he played well and bursts out from defence well.

Brindley - 7 - Thought he was good as well, made a great block towards the end.

Cameron - 6 - Good performance and fouls bought, feel he backs off for too long till they're in the area and then you can't touch them.

Palmer - 6 - Does what he always does well but a couple of too hard or clumsy pieces of play but I'm being picky really. Still a good performance.

Bostock - 8 - Great player, ran the midfield and good cross for the first goal, puts his foot in well.

Crowly - 7 - Good play as well, gets really stuck in and works hard. Good cross for Jones goal at the end of the move.

Austin - 7 - Put a good shift in and always offered himself.

Jones - 8 - Fantastic today, would be my MOM if Macca didn't score 2. Great check back and shot for the goal. He's going to be a hell of a player for us this season.

Didzy - 6 - Was mainly used as a target man especially from Stones crossfield passes. Not quite clicking yet but nearly set up Maccas hatrick and was harshly penalised for some great chasing their defence.

Macca - 9 - MOM - He's back! Great first post attack for his first and got inbetween the centrebacks for his second half header. Looked deadly all game.

Subs:

JOB - 6 - Came on, broke up play and was his usual hard working self.

Nemane - 5 - Didn't have time to do much.

Scott - 7 - Really rate Scott, always looks dangerous and nearly scored.

Chicksen - 5 - See Nemane.

Fans - 10 - Got behind them for the entire game.

Ref - 3 - The worst homer ref I have ever seen. He gave us the goals and offsides. Worst was the foul against Didzy at our end for not touching their player at all.

Doncaster bus service - 0 - One double decker after the game back to town for a game with about 8 thousand attendance. Absolutely disgusting. The second came at 5.50pm, on a match day, to an out of town stadium. ****ing shocking.
    Spot on ratings CF, agree with all the starters, but would bump Brindley up to an 8, he was even better than last Saturday. Maybe Austin too. But with you on Maca pipping JJ for MoM

Stone - Played well and was let down by his defence for their goal - 7

Baldwin - I like what he does well but he’s scary and only ever one daydream away from disaster. Made of cheese too - 6.5

Brindley - Looks like a different player to the last time I saw him. All of a sudden interested again and looking like the baller we know - 7.5

Cameron - I’ll be pelted here but he looks more and more out of his depth with every passing game. Embarrassing diving is now being recognised by the officials. Isn’t as effective going forward in this division as he was the NL and scares me when he’s in possession of, or receiving the ball. Chicksen would play this position far better - 6

Austin - Outmuscled in some of the physical battles but some delicious crosses for Macca to get off the mark - 7

Jones - Looks much sharper this season. Must admit, didn’t think he’d cut it as a WB but today he was really good. Well taken goal 7.5

Palmer - Ran the show, some beautiful passing and spatial awareness. Dropped back into defence when Brindley ventured forward and kept the ball moving. Quickly becoming one of my fave ever Notts players - 8

Bostock - Unlucky to get booked from where I was sat but another classy performance. I was crying at him to put the ball in from the free kick….glad he didn’t. Good understanding with Palmer. Controlled the midfield - 8

Crowley - A bit of a nuisance and obviously very good on the ball….but I think he flatters to deceive at the minute. He looks like Messi twisting and turning but the ball always seems to go backwards with him. He could release the ball a second earlier and be more more affective……but that’s probably just me - 7

Didzy - Pretty anonymous really. One good cross in for Macca but that’s about it, he doesn’t look comfortable with how we play at the minute - 6

Macca - Return of the Mac! Sometimes it just takes one to bounce in of your thigh to get you going again. Came alive after the goal and was more involved than we’ve ever seen him when Didzy was moved to the main striker position. Relieved to have him off the mark now - 8

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Spot on ratings CF, agree with all the starters, but would bump Brindley up to an 8, he was even better than last Saturday. Maybe Austin too. But with you on Maca pipping JJ for MoM
    Agreed mate, I didn't know Austin crossed for Maccas second so worth another point and also was impressed by Brindley, really seems to be on it now. After today I just think this is anyone's league really looking at the results so far, if we can keep playing like today then we won't be far off.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Return of the Mac!
    this

We definitely looked more threatening 2nd half when Mcgoldrick and Scott after went up top with Macca and Crowley in behind.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Stone - Played well and was let down by his defence for their goal - 7

Baldwin - I like what he does well but he’s scary and only ever one daydream away from disaster. Made of cheese too - 6.5

Brindley - Looks like a different player to the last time I saw him. All of a sudden interested again and looking like the baller we know - 7.5

Cameron - I’ll be pelted here but he looks more and more out of his depth with every passing game. Embarrassing diving is now being recognised by the officials. Isn’t as effective going forward in this division as he was the NL and scares me when he’s in possession of, or receiving the ball. Chicksen would play this position far better - 6

Austin - Outmuscled in some of the physical battles but some delicious crosses for Macca to get off the mark - 7

Jones - Looks much sharper this season. Must admit, didn’t think he’d cut it as a WB but today he was really good. Well taken goal 7.5

Palmer - Ran the show, some beautiful passing and spatial awareness. Dropped back into defence when Brindley ventured forward and kept the ball moving. Quickly becoming one of my fave ever Notts players - 8

Bostock - Unlucky to get booked from where I was sat but another classy performance. I was crying at him to put the ball in from the free kick….glad he didn’t. Good understanding with Palmer. Controlled the midfield - 8

Crowley - A bit of a nuisance and obviously very good on the ball….but I think he flatters to deceive at the minute. He looks like Messi twisting and turning but the ball always seems to go backwards with him. He could release the ball a second earlier and be more more affective……but that’s probably just me - 7

Didzy - Pretty anonymous really. One good cross in for Macca but that’s about it, he doesn’t look comfortable with how we play at the minute - 6

Macca - Return of the Mac! Sometimes it just takes one to bounce in of your thigh to get you going again. Came alive after the goal and was more involved than we’ve ever seen him when Didzy was moved to the main striker position. Relieved to have him off the mark now - 8
    Cant argue with those marks. But what a great away performance. My only concern is, how is DM is keeping his place in the side ahead of Scott ?? Ive always thought that he is not the right fit for this Notts team...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Cant argue with those marks. But what a great away performance. My only concern is, how is DM is keeping his place in the side ahead of Scott ?? Ive always thought that he is not the right fit for this Notts team...
    We were saying the same today. Sometimes clubs feel you have to play someone even if it's not best for the team. Still early days though so definitely not getting on at him and always puts a great shift in. If they do click, him and Macca are going to run riot.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We were saying the same today. Sometimes clubs feel you have to play someone even if it's not best for the team. Still early days though so definitely not getting on at him and always puts a great shift in. If they do click, him and Macca are going to run riot.
    I think he will click for us he has the quality and I doubt Williams will pick him on name alone he doesn’t seem that type.

Nemane Ruben and Bostock all had people questioning them at the start not now they aren’t though.

7/12 is a decent start for us in a new league.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast